Pacific Northwest Discussion

ouch....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 03:42 PM
NO.BRAZIL

Default Accident happen EVERYWHERE, why should we stop tracking our cars because we "could"

get killed. I could get killed by some drunk driver tonight. It's all relative.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:46 PM
NO.BRAZIL

Default And another thing...

Just because a part is "aftermarket" doesn't mean that extensive testing hasn't gone into making a safe and reliable product. Do you think Audi or any other OEM does as much research as fricking ALCON or Brembo into their braking products? How about Koni or Ohlins in their suspension products? The answer is NO! You're claims are wrong.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:48 PM
NO.BRAZIL

Default It's not Josh's responsibility to "test" driver's skill. He does recommend things

such as driver's training, but if someone has the money, he will sell them what they want. That's the way it works. He usually is pretty good about not letting somebody go to 400+HP without at least brake and suspension upgrades.

Guns are not for anybody, but most everybody can buy them. Does a sporting store make you shoot at a target before you by a gun? No. Your points are invalid.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Since you ask, please explain the following to me then..more

how much chasis rigidity studies do you think that an aftermarket suspension/shock manufactures does for cars that are made by the major manufactures? Do they study every single one of the models that is out there? Yes, there are bolt-on parts that are relatively universal which will allow a performance gain, then there are also plenty of aftermarket parts that are created in theory only. To properly tune a car, there are plenty of things that need to be calibrated to suit a given model or car, not to mention the differences on track vs. on the street. Josh's S4 (if you can still call that monster a S4) for example, do you have any idea how many hours were spend tuning his car? from engine management, to brake bias, to suspension set up. When his car goes out to the track for all those comparos, his car is set-up accordingly to that one specific track. I hope that you understands and are not suggesting that by going to a BBK from either Brembo or StopTech, a car will automatically stop better in any given condition? or by simply applying stiffer suspension kits from Koni or Tokico, a car will corner at a higher speed effortlessly? How many times have you know people that started with one mod only then to discover that something else will need to be replaced for the first mod to function properly? Thus a cascade affect has been started. You do not get the best car just by simply bolting on the most high performance parts avaliable out there, because you also have to consider how the chasis will respond to the changes, if it can at all. I sincerely hope you understand the real art behind tuning a car, because if you don't, you are not only a danger to yourself, but also to the public that shares the road or the track with you.

But then again, according to you, I have no idea to what I am talking about anyway.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Try and take your sunglasses off and read the posts again...more

and this time, READ the post with care.

UW's post was hinting that Ben was in over his head, that he was not "qualify enough" to handle such a car as CGT, hence my post responding to him that technically speaking, none of us civilians (without proper training or proof of our driving ability such as a SCCA license) is qualify enough to be on the track.

Keep in mind, just because you practically live on the track does not mean you are a great driver, let along a great race-car driver, as in just because you work in the OR of a hospital, it does not make you a surgeon. Unless of course, you had spend the night before at a Holiday Inn.

And again, according to you, I have no idea what I am talking about anyway.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Accident happen EVERYWHERE, why should we stop tracking our cars because we "could"

Or worse, you could kill someone else on the road because you are over-confident about your own driving ability.

PS: Where and how in the world did you read that I am oppose to people driving on the track anyway?
Old 06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So now we agree that you can not and should not regulate who can buy or own what kind of a car..more

So, a completely non-skilled person has just as much right to buy a super-exotic as someone who is highly skilled in the art of driving. Now, exactly what are you disagreeing with me again??

I think you are having a hard time understanding what I am writing here, too bad that I can not use a crayon and draw you a picture here on the forum.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:51 PM
NO.BRAZIL

Maybe I misunderstood you. I'll reply above.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:53 PM
NO.BRAZIL

I got that idea from your first post.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:56 PM
NO.BRAZIL

Default I never said I was a great driver. I just am saying that HDPE's are aimed at

making people better drivers, not only on the track, but on the road. I agree that a NOOB should not be allowed to be on the track alone until they have proven their abilities, but that doesn't mean we all need racing licenses to be on the track.

I think we agree on this, I just think you are saying a license is required whne I think personal buyoff is sufficient.

Quick Reply: ouch....