Pacific Northwest Discussion

RANT: They need to make driving without insurance a felony. My parents got rear ended last night

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Stätus Josh

someone please forward this to Tim Eiman or whatever his name is... LOL
Old 01-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Lane Shark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pushing the brake was the worst thing he could have done
Old 01-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Lane Shark

BC similar, no insurance sticker = pulled over
Old 01-08-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago.

Two non-English speaking, Spanish speaking women, with an infant in a beater Honda failed to yield and turned left into me as I was going through an intersection near Sears in Overlake. I refused to let either car move until the cops showed up. It was the evening commute and it took half an hour for the cops to show up -- needless to say there were a lot of pissed off people at me because it created a huge traffic mess. My fear was the infant in her car, and them coming later to claim it was injured in some way. It was clearly obvious as to how the cars sat that she was at fault, and I wanted a citation on the spot that cited her as the cause of the accident. Cop came, looked at the cars and the intersection, we moved our cars, he cited her for failure to yield and no insurance. Also, it was not her car, and her story was that the "registered" owner was in Mexico and she was borrowing the car! After he let her go he commented that chances are that when my insurance tried to go after her, or the owner, to collect that they would probably have moved from their addresses.

All insurance companies must include uninsured motorist coverage to WA state residents -- it is required by law in this state -- everyone has it and pays for it on their policies.

Sorry to hear about your parents and car. Great that they are OK. Make sure they file an accident report within the required time frame -- that is very important.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:33 AM

Default R u kidding? If one is in a traffic accident and doesn't speak the language of that country...

It becomes significantly harder to manage the situation. Being that this guy had no docs and tried to flee tells me that he is better off behind bars anyways.

Thank goodness, or JC ;-), that your family is alright Josh. Allroad FTW!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Stätus Josh

Default JC FTW! :P

yeah all is well now, my dad is gonna take it easy for a few days and I think he'll be fine.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Stätus Josh

He was afraid of hitting the car in front of him
Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Glad to hear everyone is okay. That's THE most important fact of your story.

Cars can be replaced. People can't.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:58 AM

3rd on that wholeheartly!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 AM

Default DUIs are a joke too though.

DUIs should be 1 and done for driving licenses, ever.

If you're caught again, mandatory jail time.

If you kill somebody, it's murder 1. You knowingly and premeditatively got behind the wheel of a car in a state that hinders your ability to drive it.

A car <i>is</i> a weapon.

I'm glad your family seems to be okay, but this guy is going to get off pretty light while your parents will have to suffer in time and in money.

He <i>should</i> be in jail, but since we can't execute all the dregs of society (rapist, drug dealers, BMW owners, etc.) our poor little prisons are too full to drop this tard in to them.

Quick Reply: RANT: They need to make driving without insurance a felony. My parents got rear ended last night