Pacific Northwest Discussion

A time of change and a farewell to Seattle....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A time of change and a farewell to Seattle....

Well it finally happned....after 10.5 years.

My time here in Seattle has come to a close.

As most of you may know and for those of you who don't, I've been on this board for almost 9 years now, from way back in the Jet's A4 pages and A4.org. I've had the chance to meet countless friends, great new experiences and like most of you, enjoy the experience.

I recently accepted a job with my company that forces me to re-locate back to the East Coast (Southern CT), to be exact and thus my time of 10 and a half years here in Seattle has come to a close. Although I've still looked, lurked and occassionally posted, I don't do it nearly as often as I used to, however I can still say I'm on it everyday over the past 8 years....

I think about the fact that I've met now over a 150 people from AW, from Seattle, to the Bay Area, to Portland, Spokane, Carolinas, the East Coast in general and I think of how great the board is. I think of my first track day some 90+ events ago and some 5 years and how much that "first track day" forever changed me. I remember the ol' school meets at the NW Brewhouse, before Achtuning had even opened and when everyone was "just getting their B5 S4's" It all seemed like yesterday, but at the same time, ohh so long ago. Fast forward to now adays where as some of the ol'schoolers will admit, the forum and boards have changed quite a bit, but I then look back and think of the dozens of great friendships, people and experiences I've had with those that I first met on AW. From snowboarding, to road trips, to trackdays to instructors, to business colleagues and just friends that we'd go out and share a pint or 3 with. I look back on it and am very thankful.

Obviously with the recent events that preceeded Quattrofest with Matt and the outpouring that came from that made me completely appreciate in yet another new way why for as much crap as we all seem to give this board... from time to time, just how good this board is and the members that inhabit it. No it's not some touchy-feely post that those who know me can give me **** for, but rather just a way for me whose time has come to move on to the next challenge and opportunity, wanted to stop and acknowledge just how thankful I am that I found this board and all the great experiences and people I've met along the way. I could go into any number of stories, or just a long story about the first Krispy Kreme meet, or the opening of Achtuning or when 7 of us headed down to California all B5 S4's in a pack to do a track day @ T-hill with the norcal guys. All of which were great stories and one's I'll definitely keep and share for quite some time.

I guess it's the feeling of knowing you're a part of something bigger that while it means something different to each person.

I'll be around on the board, but likely in the New England forums and the occassional post to the PCNW forum for good measure.

Thanks, as it's been great to meet, associate and laugh with all of you.

Cheers!

David.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good luck in your future endeavers, David.

Its been good knowing you and chatting with you over the years. Hopefully you'll still visit the PacNW forum. Just cuz you don't live here doesn't mean you have to quit posting here.

Good luck with the new job. When are you getting back into another Audi?

BTW, if you've been around for so long, why is your UID so high? *grin* j/k.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well look at it this way, if you had an S4 you could get your car custom tuned

by EPL since they are in CT... Boy I wish I lived on the east coast for like a month... hehe
Old 01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good luck and enjoy all the new tracks you get to play on!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Cya my friend. It was a pleasure knowing you and driving with you...

You afforded me some great learning opportunities with a car that was too much for me at times. Thank you for that.

Good luck.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Later dude...enjoy the frenzy of the other coast and watch out for those crazy drivers
Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats and good luck!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congratulations, David. The S2ki group back east is a good one too.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

congrats man. Take care give the east coaster a little west coast hell.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Stätus Josh

Default damn... well can we at least have a AWPNW going away party for you?? Pick a wednesday

and we will make a wensbeerday your official going away party...

We had some good times! That was a blast heading to Thill. I remeber that like it was last week.

best of luck and I have a feeling we'll see you again in the future

Quick Reply: A time of change and a farewell to Seattle....