Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

(2004 A6 2.7T) Tuning for newb plz

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (2004 A6 2.7T) Tuning for newb plz

Hi guys,

I am an ameteur. I tried reading some of the posts about tunning, flashing firmware and chipping, but I don't have enough familiarity with the topic to make much out of it. I was hoping somebody could list for me the very basic electronic performance tweaking options.

Cautions are welcome, but I would still like to know.

Also, I have particular interest in two more specific items -
1. If I can do ANY on this stuff on my leased 2004 A6

2. I'm planning on purchasing a 4.2 next year but will NOT pay $50k+ on a car eletronically limitted to 130 mph, so any thoughts on that issue would be appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for you patience with the newb and for your assistance.

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2004, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default here you go

of course there are other tuners out there. Dahlback, Garrett, AMS/ABT, OCT, and a few others. But this will give you an idea what's out there for products for your car/engine. A chip is a simple one to get rid of and resell when you return a leased car. Good luck.<ul><li><a href="http://goapr.com/Audi/vehicles/a627t.html">http://goapr.com/Audi/vehicles/a627t.html</a</li></ul>
Old 09-22-2004, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your question can best be answered on the allroad forum

A lot of us have CHIPPED/DiPPed out ECM..engine computer.

However this is for the 2.7T engine... we can push to over 300HP and tons of added torque.

You can do it on any car you want as long as the software is made for it. BUT it doesn;t stop there. Once you open the cookie jar.... you have to start with other parts. TIP/Auto Trans? A chip for this computer to speed up the shifts.. then plumbing addition.. don't get me wrong its fun...

You can chip a 4.2, but for 600.00 the added 20 HP is not worth it.

COme to the allroad board or the A6 board...
Old 09-22-2004, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default FYI...APRs program for the2.7T A6 is NG.. it's blowing turbos..

AND its not a DiPP, you have to solder in a chip. DiPP is a software upload to you engine computer.

GIAC and REVO have this.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you are worried about 130mph? eh.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:59 AM

Default You have valid statistical data to support this or is it opinion?

An, albeit quick, search of both the A6/S6 forums and the Allroad formum doesn't seem to substantiate the claim. Other than your relating your son's saga, I saw as many OEM software turbo failures as GIAC and/or APR. This would be consitent with the 'history' of the S4 B5 experience as well.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Rest In Peace

Default You mean a sample size of one isn't statistically valid?

<b>JIHAD!!!</b>
Old 09-23-2004, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default FYI... I'm not reffering to their program for the S4 or 1.8t

I am reffering to the program used in the 2.7T as applied to the Allroad and nothing else. They are running too high a bost. so much so that the car will go into fail safe at an aggressive 4-5K rpm shift. So much so that the turbos will and have blown.

NOT GIAC..yet, NOT Revo..yet and Certiantly not DAHLBACk (chip only)more engine tweeking here than Boost increase..

Am I anti APR? Not realy, I only posted based onmy knowlege in the A6/Allroad. But, I will say APRhas a lack of customer support, is difficult to talk to, is hard to give or get any input, feedback, development plans etc. GIAC is very PRO CONSUMER, so far I can say REVO is weak.. again a personal experieince..

My son's engine failure had NOTHING TO DO WITH APR...his turbo is intact and it never blew. ANd it running strong attached to the new engine.. running With REVO Big Turbo Software (DIPP)
Old 09-23-2004, 08:58 PM

Default As I said, a search of the Allroad and A6/S6 forums for the last 18 months yielded 1 failure post

on an APR, 1 or 2 for GIAC and 1 or 2 for OEM. I did read one post from someone (IIRC it was well before the past 18 months tho) with APR that was complaining of going into limp mode above 4-5000 grand. It's been my experience that limp is usually from a boost leak, MAF issue or faulty MAP sensor .. not typically programming.
Your repeating the claim neither makes it true nor provides anything approaching statistical significance.
Lastly, the poster was asking about software for his A6. Not an Allroad.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:23 AM

Default CERTAINLY not Dahlback...I like that, no bias here. Now, how many Dahlback tuned Allroads are there

on these forums as compared to APR, GIAC, and even Revo cars? Again, statistics isn't your strong point, is it?

Quick Reply: (2004 A6 2.7T) Tuning for newb plz