Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Anyone know what the Greddy ProfecB spec II is over the original ProfecB?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know what the Greddy ProfecB spec II is over the original ProfecB?

I just want a dumb BC which i know will work...the description makes the spec2 sound like it has some fuzzy logic added to it?

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 05-20-2003, 12:31 PM

Default Sameer, a couple of DBW Stg III guys have been playing with the Greddy .. I'll see if I can alert

someone to any insight here. FWIW.. I get the feeling that we nDBWs might have issues with trying a BC due to our closed loop @ WOT differences.
BTW .. you have mail
Old 05-20-2003, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What closed loop @ WOT issues?
Old 05-20-2003, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good luck trying to find a simple boost controller....

All I want is a controller that will hold a preset boost level, and be switchable between two boost settings. I don't need/want fuzzy logic, a bazillion buttons, or a screen with dancing images.

I think all the boost control manufacturers are having a Who-Can-Have-The-Most-Gizmos Contenst.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:04 PM

Default Issues? Who said WOT issues?

The guys I know running a EBC are DBW and have both the MAF and MAP sensors in the loop at WOT. From what I understand, we nDBWs don't get the same feedback at WOT so holding the boost constant *might* give us fueling issues ... not true?
BTW .. open loop would have been the better choice of terms I guess.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:55 PM
Elder Member

Default I find that the HKS EVC 4 works great for anything below 2 bar.

It has a digital face and a **** that you adjust the settings with. There is a high and low boost setting and with a larger turbo it will hold it right at what you set them at. It does come with a learning mode but you dont have to really use it. The only other nice feature of it is that it has an timed overboost button which can also be turned on by a remote button. It also has a max boost alarm, when it goes off the car then drops to your low boost setting is at.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Elder Member

Default On a non dbw you can use a BC to make the car

run more rich or lean. If your chip is tuned at zero for idle and part throttle you should be able to use a 1:1 adjustable fpr to then turn the rail pressure up a little at a time to make it a little richer during higher boost with the bc, but you can only do it so much or you jump out of specs at idle/part throttle.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Your describing exactly the GReddy ProfecB EBC!

wastegate adjust ****, a high and low setting, utterly dumb and solid.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 05-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Elder Member

Default Only bad thing is that it is a guessing game

to set the boost since you dont know what your running till you actually go out and hit full boost.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I assume its a simple **** adjustment though?

So you set it at min, see what max boost is, then dial it to where you want your low and high, right? Since its a EBC you will always get the boost you request regardless of outside temp, etc...

Im thinking of buying one to replace my N75 to have a faster responding N75, in essence...do you recommend against doing this?

Cheers,
Sameer

Quick Reply: Anyone know what the Greddy ProfecB spec II is over the original ProfecB?