Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

AWE a-pillar boost gauge: pod fitment issues resolved without modifications!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWE a-pillar boost gauge: pod fitment issues resolved without modifications!

I took another look at this over the weekend and I noticed the weatherstripping (not really weatherstripping but door opening trim on my car) was puckered right where the dash meets the a-pillar. Turns out the bottom corner of the pod had popped out of the trim!

I slipped it under the trim again, this time starting at an angle with the bottom corner up away from the dash a bit. As I slid the pod down, I slowly reduced the angle so that more and more of the left side of the pod went under the trim, all the while taking care to make sure the bottom corner did not pop out again (not easy, it took me a few tries to keep this from happening). Finally I pushed it down into place so that the entire left side is well tucked under the door opening trim and voila!, the pod is COMPLETELY snug against the a-pillar and after two days of driving (including some bumpy roads) so far it has stayed well put! A perfect fit. I'm impressed!

I know there are a few people here who were having problems. You may want to take a look at yours to make sure this sort of thing didn't happen to you. Good luck!

Paul