Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Brief Update

Old 09-28-2003, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brief Update

Hey everyone!,

Sorry I was off the forums for a while; I just moved. So I hear Lucas shattered my record with a low 12 second run! =) CONGRATS LUCAS! I think I might have it in me to give the A4 one more shot. Juan Mendoza has kindly offered to replace the defective clutch with the same clutch Lucas is running. Now I'm sure I can catch you with a clutch that will hold real power! =P

But I'm in the process of letting the A8 go,... I'm a little unhappy about it, but we're getting a Saab 9-3 Vector. I'm very shocked at how well the Saab's are made nowadays. I hated them just like I hated the older Audi's. I still have the 1.8T Jetta and now with 17" OZ Superlegeras & Toyo Proxes T1-S and I have to install the FK coilovers I got for it. It's going to be my happy daily driver (automatic!).

The A4 is waiting for a real clutch, so it depends on Juan's timing, and then we'll start tuning the engine. Everything is back in except for the nitrous. I think I'll keep it out unless I need the extra umph to reclaim the 1/4 mile throne. I wanna see you break into the 11's Lucas!!! Hehe,... best of luck.

By the way,... John or Mike have any updates on their 2.0L projects??? I'd be very curious. Thanks in advance for the updates!

Cheers,

Steve
Old 09-28-2003, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Brief Update

I think you will be happy with the clutch, and is still very drivable.

Mike and his 2.0L project is going on forever, wether it is reliable and hits the road still remains to be seen.
One think that concerns me, is people doing things for nothing, then the question is how good the works is.
or is it done to get mike of their backs.

Can't wait till you get your running, its been a while.
I need some one to push me back to the track again..
Old 09-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Elder Member

Default My car has been at GIAC for the last week

base programming for the new setup was finished and now it will be tuned for 91 octane and 104 octane this week. I posted some pics in this forum and on the A4 forum if you have not seen them yet.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Elder Member

Default First off if they are doing it as a sponsor. I am sure the work is going to be their best

mostly when they show off the work to every customer that comes into the shop, the car will also be used to show off their work at shows and race events. Seems like your the only one that does not realize that when a shop can only do the work during off shop hrs it will end up taking much longer to finish. The hardest and longest part of the work was actually hand building a custom tube manifold, it was not like they used another shops manifold to use as a template (does that sound like someone you know).
Old 09-28-2003, 11:19 PM

Nice to hear mike! Can you re-post the link for me on this thread pls?
Old 09-28-2003, 11:27 PM

Default Do keep us updated anyways,...

I have had a hard time to get my mechanic to work on the A4. I think I am the only Euro car he's working on and I've slipped down the priority chain for some reason (???). But I will go pester him again and ask him for an update. I'm getting pretty mad at the waiting times - since it's so close to being completed. Just needs EMS tuning & a clutch from Juan.

Lucas, do you have a website dedicated to your A4? I'd be very interested to see some pictures! If I don't get some work on the A4 done soon, then I will be switching up shops.

My situation is that I don't want to put more money into the A4. I'm saving up for an S4 Avant in a couple of years and I'll live with my Jetta until then. BUT I do want the A4 to give Lucas at least one more respectable run to have a comparison. And maybe a feature article and then the firesale will start. =( Gotta let go sometime,...

Cheers!,

Steve
Old 09-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Elder Member

Default Here is a few of the links

https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1779937.phtml

https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1781471.phtml

https://forums.audiworld.com/performance/msgs/56975.phtml
Old 09-29-2003, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

what kind of power numbers are they seeing so far?
Old 09-29-2003, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default can't wait to hear how is it when all done!

good to hear from you again.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:17 AM
Elder Member

Default No #'s yet, last week he was working on just the base programming

for the large 3.5" maf and 800cc injectors. He told Dynamic that he will start tuning it on the dyno for 91 octane and 104 octane on tuesday. Garrett and Andrew needed some time off after dealing with all the S4 tuning and the S4 challenge dyno day last monday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brief Update