Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Help with my Gumball entry please

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my Gumball entry please

My name is Matthew Adams and I am a long-time Vortexer. I come to you asking for your help. I want to join the Gumball 3000 this year. The entry fee is 6000 GBP ~ $8800. Some of you may know what this is and some may not. Maximillion Cooper, son of John Cooper of Formula 1 fame, has been holding a rally in the spirit of "The Cannonball Run." For the past three years the rally's have been departing from London and traveling 3000 miles over the course of 6 days. This last year they went St. Petersburg and back. Only 100 exclusive cars may enter. I have been given the opportunity to join. In 2002 the rally is coming to America, traveling from New York's Times Square to LA. Johnny Knoxville of MTV's Jackass participated and ran an extra long special on MTV this past summer. Ruby Wax, a UK television show host, also covered the event. CAR magazine was one of many magazine publications to run feature articles. The rally has been featured on the cover of Rolling Stone as well as Esquire UK.

This year's, 2002, exposure will top last years by a large margin. Spike Jonze, director of "Being John Malkovich," will be filming this years rally for eventual theatrical. HBO has committed to running the rally for 2 hours live every day of the event. The media conglomerate Style will be covering it in its many publications. MTV, an event sponsor, will also cover it again and I understand that Johnny Knoxville will be entered for a second year. I can assure a large audience will be viewing as I have word from Maximillion that Nicholas Cage and Matt Dillon have entered this year. Additionally, SCI, a computer software company, is developing a game for Microsoft's X-Box gaming platform, as well as for Sony's Playstation 2.

I have discussed this with Steve at APR and he has pledged his support pursuant to entry. By support I mean an APR car and logistical support. APR will only provide such support once I've been entered. What I lack is the entry fee, I am about $6000 short of the mark. What I ask is that each of you spare what you can and paypall it to me. I assure you that every penny will be accounted for, it is not my intention to deceive. If the total amount is not received, or if for what ever reason I am prevented from entering, I will refund every person in full. I will be setting up a web-site in the coming weeks profiling what I'm doing and who's involved. I will provide updates on progress of the car; what car, what mods, etc... These updates will be seen on both my site (likely url www.gumballaudi.com or something of that ilk) and the APR site. I will entertain any questions you may have. If any person requires a more litigious agreement I will have an agreement drawn up, my father is an attorney and will be happy to oblige.

Some sites of interest
www.gumball3000.com
www.racecar.co.uk/gumballrally/
www.kimble.org/gumball3000/
www.sci.co.uk/Products/gumball/index.htm