Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Hey you rally guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey you rally guys

I have been rallying for just over a year in a Talon in the PGT class. The Restrictor rule killed all of the fun in that ride. I run my A4 in the rallyx series as the talon is usually broken. Damn DSM's.

Anyway I love the way the quattro drives. It is predictable and solid. I also think that a 2.8 would be the ticket for the PGT class with the restricors on turbo motors. I love nothing more than to beat up on WRX's.

Now for the questions. How availible are junkyard parts to find. Are there yards that specialize in Audis that isn't outragous? Did you have problems getting rally suspetions or did you put your own together.

Lastly, tell me how much you love your quattro, help push me over the edge.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:26 AM
No Bozos!

Default I have never driven anything else like it!

But, mine isn't your sverage everyday Quattro.

There aren't words to describe how it drives and handles. It feels like a rocket strapped to your butt, that holds the road like glue.

Now the down side, it's pretty darn expensive. Secondly, there aren't ANY parts available.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:25 AM

Default Re: I have never driven anything else like it!

Thanks, I was worried about the parts. Does it hold together well? If it didn't fall apart every time I took it out like my talon It wouldn't be so bad. I don't know how many enteries I've wasted over stupid parts.

Another thing is the front suspention. Is it easliy serviceable once you get used to it? All of those ball joints have me a little worried.

P.S. Nice ride, can't quite make out you class through the dirt, I'm guessing open with a big turbo?
Old 06-24-2003, 04:13 AM
No Bozos!

Default Rally cars

Actually it's a GrpA 20V non-turbo. And it is very open class. It was built by AudiSport.

What do you mean, "all those ball joints"?

As a matter of fact I am rebuilding the bottom "ball joints" right now. They're actually spherical bearings not really ball joints. But, they service well, and the car does take a beating.

Any car will hold up well, until you beat it. the Audi's are very tough, they can take the abuse. I know many Audi rally cars that have been running for years. Just look at Jon Kemp's 4K or the Kuhn's car.