Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

i need to know if it is easy to install the neuspeed rear swaybar? and...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need to know if it is easy to install the neuspeed rear swaybar? and...

if u guys have any instructions that would help alot thanxs guys
Old 12-04-2001, 12:02 AM

also should i get 19mm or 22mm?? i dont track my car..(yet)
Old 12-04-2001, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd stick with the 19mm bar....

The install is pretty easy. Takes about 30min to an hour under the rear of the car. You will need to use jack stands to get the wheels to hang...or a lift if you've got the hookup=) The instructions that are included pretty much cover everything in a straight forward manner, the only thing that may be confusing is the way the support brackets mount, but you can probably figure it out. I used to have a pic, but it got deleted out of my pic poster...anybody else have it?

The reason I'd stick with the 19 is because I used to have the 22 bar on soft and it was WAY too stiff for my liking. It sort of takes the point out of an independent suspension...well for me anyway. I had it on soft and my rear tire would leave the ground pulling in to my fathers driveway. I might do 22 bar again only if I was a track nut, and even then I might not do it....depends on what I would want my car to do really.

If/when I do it again I will go with the 19 bar on SOFT or maybe even an S4 bar. I am a firm believer now of just getting a good suspension setup and not messing with swaybars so much.

Good luck!
Old 12-04-2001, 10:30 AM

Default Piece of cake.

I think the hardest part is to bolt on the subframe bracket.
Old 12-04-2001, 12:00 PM
4kq

Default Excellent advice...

The rear doesn't need to be stiffer, the front need a LOT more traction.
Old 12-04-2001, 12:42 PM

thanks for the adviced helped out alot..
Old 12-04-2001, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Some info

My car originally had the factory sport suspension, which has bigger bars than non-sport. I added h+r street coilovers just before the local Audi Challenge event. They are adjusted for equal height front and rear. I found that with the stock sport bars the car still strongly understeered. On the wet handling course, the only way I could get the rear end out was hitting the gas in the middle of the corner. I have a 2.8, so maybe that makes a difference since it has more weight in front.

I just ordered the 19mm bar (will use soft setting)in hopes of getting it more balanced.

Dave
Old 12-05-2001, 01:48 AM

Default hey dave how is the G2?? i sooOoo much want one just dont have the money yet!!!

how much of a differance does it make?? what cars have u beaten with it?? damn i wish i could get one for my car's x-mas gift..
Old 12-05-2001, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I like

With the G2 and the c/o's, the car is a LOT more fun to drive now. The G2 kit is a first rate kit that looks nearly factory when installed. My only disappointment is that the biggest power gain seems to be at high rpms. Down at lower rpms (3-4K), where most of my normal driving is, I would guess the power gain is 25%. In my installation, full boost (and 50% power gain) doesn't happen until about 5K rpm. It feels very strong up there - I just wish it got to full boost sooner. I'm working on a shift light, now that I find myself spending more time up at high revs!

Dave
Old 12-05-2001, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I concur...

the handling combo of the H&R c/os and the 19mm on soft is perfect... make sure you recieve the updated subframe supports from Neuspeed.

Take a look at my picture poster... I just added the new brackets to my existing 19mm Neuspeed rear bar.

Quick Reply: i need to know if it is easy to install the neuspeed rear swaybar? and...