Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Make the absolute TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Make the absolute TT

Dear Speciallists,
I have been the happy owner of an Audi TT 1.8 (225hp) quatro.Now That my family has became greater (my wife and had twins last summer) I ended up with an RS6.I was thinking of selling the TT but it suddenly came to my mind to develop a super car based on it just to disappoint the guys with M3s and 911s.But I wanted it to be a car safe enough and of course reliable.So I decided not to overtune the existing 1.8 block but replace it with a bigger one!All I want to know is whick of Audi's V6 or V8 can be put in my car!Of course I m willing to make any change on the car to get the new engine on,and of course its gear box!Supposing that I replace the gearbox with an aftermarket one,or even an audi original one from a bigger model,is there any chance of getting rid of the Haldex sytem and use three differentials (and if possible electronically controled) as other Quatro mobiles,EVOs and Imprezas do?What would be a good configuration in your opinion?I ve taken the engine and all of its accesories (fuel pumps,intercoolers etc out of the car and sent them to be rebuilt in order to put them all in a friends Lupo who participated in dragster events.I ve replaced the brake system with a Porsche set with 360mm ventilated disks in the front with eight piston calipers and 320mm with 4 piston in the rear.As far as suspension is concerned I have ordered a racing KW one.I dont care about the cost,just need a big engine on my car to make it one of the best TTs around.So I need your advice to go on!If it is possible I would like to know where I can find new engines to buy!
I thank you in advance for the time you spentand hope of listening your proposals soon,
Gabriel Tassiopoulos
Old 05-08-2003, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: Make the absolute TT

The only engine you'd be able to run would probably be a 2.8L or 3.2L VR6 due to the driveline and space restrictions. Otherwise, the 1.8t is a pretty strong engine. Plenty of guys over 300hp with them. If you are willing to spend the money to transplant a larger engine into a TTq, then why not put that large sum of money into the 1.8t?

Also, please note that it makes things much easier to read if you contruct paragraphs correctly. IE, hit the space bar after a sentance is complete. Like I am doing right now. Otherwise, it looks like a huge mess of words, and is tough to read.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:36 PM
PAJ
AudiWorld Member

what about a twin turbo v6 from a porsche.....would that be possible?
Old 05-08-2003, 03:42 PM

Default a biturbo v6 motor has been crammed in, but the whole drivetrain is needed.. check out....

dialynx's website. not sure off the top of my head.

MTM: tt bi-moto

anythings possibly with money to spend.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Default I would upgrade 1.8t to the 1.8T with big intercooler.

Bigger engine weight more so it would make your car nose heavy. Also in addition to the good engine, you might want to get bigger brakes/wheels.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: what about a twin turbo v6 from a porsche.....would that be possible?

Porsche doesn't use V6's. They use boxer, or flat, 6's for their dual turbo street cars (sequential turbos on the old 930's I think). Also, its a pretty tall motor due to cooling fan "doghouse", intake setup, and intercooler. It's drivetrain is also longitudinal, not transverse like the TT/Golf/NBeetle/Jetta is.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why not just put a stage III turbo kit?

but, <a href="http://www.hpamotorsport.com/index1.htm"> if a 1.8T won't do </a>

I cant find the TT link at European Car, but <a href="http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0106_beetle/"> this is their work too </a>
Old 05-08-2003, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Why not just put a stage III turbo kit?

Personally, I'd go Stage 3 or 3+ if I had a 1.8t, and wanted some "big" power from it...

Though, the HPA VR6's are baaadass. They built probably the only NBeetle I'd own. 24vtt VR6 Syncro...
Old 05-08-2003, 10:42 PM

money is no issue? yeah right!
Old 05-09-2003, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default talk to these guys

<ul><li><a href="http://www.dahlbackracing.se/">http://www.dahlbackracing.se/</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: Make the absolute TT