Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

My postings, your attitude

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My postings, your attitude

Hello all.

I posted in this forum because I am interested in performance, not BLING BLING and boulevard pimping, and I'm new to the Audi scene (though not performance and racing, my Mustang is far faster than I expect the Audi will ever be). I have been on the S4 forum a while, and posted in the wheels/tires section as well. I thought that perhaps this forum would be full of performance-minded drivers and enthusiasts who would welcome performance-based discussions of modifications without all the "I raced an M3" and Zaino and turbo failure stuff that populates the general purpose model forums.

It appears I was wrong.

I know from my other racing experience that the Mustang community has plenty of enthusiasts and information if you look in the right places - forums where performance potential, racing and mods are discussed on their merits, not the quality of chrome on the exhaust tips. I'm disappointed to find that the readers of this forum, rather than being the same friendly and helpful types, appear to be an insular group that doesn't actually WANT to discuss performance.

Maybe you'd be happier if I asked what color paint I should use to make the housing on my new boost guage match my interior.

Ask yourself how discussions should start, if not by asking questions about upgrades, and ask yourself whether you came to this forum already knowing all the possibilities. If so, why are you here? If it is appropriate only to post these Qs in the S4 forum, why does this one exist.

I'm disgusted with the attitude I got in response to honest questions to a group I THOUGHT were enthusiasts.
Old 06-21-2001, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Not to rant...

but part of the problem is this all has been discussed before. Search the archives. I know you may be a new reader here, but us old timers have seen this information hashed out over and over again, that is why you don't see people running up to re-hash it. It would be common courtesy when coming into a new forum to search for the existing information instead of trying to get it re-hashed. I think that is why you are seeing some ambivelence to your questions.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default GO AWAY

youre the first whiney Mustang/S4 owner i know
Change your handle and start over
Old 06-21-2001, 12:10 PM
CP

Ouch!
Old 06-21-2001, 12:27 PM

Default Gee thanks Ed.

I get bitched at for asking Qs and I'm the whiny one? What a bunch of pathetic losers you guys are. I suppose the people who actually race (I know there are some) must be out doing it while you guys swap polish recipes.

I'll see at the track (or will I?) and pass you in the Stang, since nobody seems to know how to make an Audi go fast.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Another perspective

Hi Chip,

I have an N/A Acura Integra that will be making approx 200 HP at the front wheels while weighing 2600 lbs with me in it. I autox mostly with a little drag racing. It is much faster than the vast majority of the Audis here, but it's a very different beast. I am also one of the founding member of a group of Honda guys that emphasize function over form and actually race our cars in sanctioned events rather than cruise the streets or whatever.

I was intrigued by the A4 and the tunability of the 1.8T motor and Audi turbos in general. Over time, I've realized that the Audis will never be that fast, they are just too damn heavy, but they can be made fairly quick. For me, they are great for commuting to work after a few mods for a little extra pep with all the niceties.

I think you are experiencing the culture shock of Audi owners and this forum. It IS good internet protocol to search first, but they are a little extreme here. This forum loses messages into the abyss over time, even if people respond, and they would rather have you search than bring it up again, even if you can contribute something new. There is a lot of condescending views, esp towards other marques. It's amusing that they make so much fun of "riceboys" such as gaudy Civics, when most of the conversation here is about S4 badges or bumbers, paint, or other FLUFF.

Oh well, best of luck with your project. My Audi has been reverted to stock until I figure out whether I'm going to keep it or what...

FB
Old 06-21-2001, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default whine, whine, whine... Audis arent fast, they actually turn! I hope your 'Vobra' has a rollbar...

so you can actually go on track
Old 06-21-2001, 12:36 PM

Default Where?

I did a Google search against the forum archives and found 0 interesting and relevant information to my query in here about RS4s. I do know how to search, I have been reading.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:40 PM

Default Thanks for the response...

And I'm disappointed to see that this is the prevailing attitude. I've been posting on various forums all over the web for years (I host a forum for goodness sake), I know how to search. The archive search function here doesn't work, and a Google search comes up with a terrible signal/noise ratio. However, bringing up a topic that was once incompletely referred to 2 years ago apparently is taboo.

Glad to know there's other folks out there who are real racers.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:41 PM

Default Meet me at the track

and see, if you can stay within sight. Oh, that is if you do actually go to the track.

Quick Reply: My postings, your attitude