Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Remmend an on-line vendor for a timing belt service kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remmend an on-line vendor for a timing belt service kit?

Hey guys,

Just picked up an '02 A6 2.7T w/. 73k miles and want to have the timing belt service done. I'll do a search for an Audi tech doing repairs on the side or a really good German car shade tree mechanic (Any recommendations in Central NJ/Jersey Shore?)

Who do you recommend to buy a TB kit? I bought one years ago for my passat but I can't recall from whom.

ECS, German Parts, Blauparts in WI, PureMS, others?

Also should I have the serpentine belt changed out as well? Which oils seals (other then the rear main seal)? Thanks a million!
Old 07-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice snag! The A6 2.7t is what I should have bought instead of my new to me A4. 73k is nice low mileage too, but indeed - right at the timing belt interval. For you car I'd recommend our tried and true, well reviewed, and extremely popular ultimate plus timing belt kit. If you are going to take the car somewhere else you'll want a comprehensive kit so that you don't have to pay a shop retail for any components. Our 2.7t timing belt kit includes:
* Timing belt
* Idler roller
* Tensioner roller
* Hydraulic tensioner
* Relay lever for hydraulic tensioner
* Water pump
* Cam seals (2)
* Crank/Oil pump seal
* Thermostat
* Thermost O-Ring
* Accessory drive belt
* Two 1.5 Liter bottles of G12 coolant
So you'll have everything you need, as well as a few seals that commonly leak which are easy to change whilst the car is in service position. From the sounds of it

Let me know if you have any questions. Our kits come with free shipping so we can ship it to you or the the mechanic of your choice - whichever you prefer. If you'd like to order a 2.7t timing belt kit for your A6 - click here.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com