Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

So are there time slips for the APR Stage III kits for the 1.8T? I have seens times

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I see now then the 280 is rated at the crank shaft fine thanks for the data..
Old 11-05-2001, 03:24 PM
Elder Member

why haven't any of the DBW PES kits without FMIC and clutch run yet?
Old 11-05-2001, 04:33 PM
CMH

Default I will be running one soon. My chip is not setup for my FMIC chris. It is the same chip they dyno

tested on the Passat. Yes I said passat chip in my car. This is the first chip I ran with and got the 13.6, but I will fine tune that and should run 13.3 which is still using 93 octane. Seems alot faster then the stage 3 on race gas. If you think running on a stock clutch is wise, your dumber then I thought. A larger turbo has lag, so you must rev up high if you wish to get off the line just right. The PES kit just about the same size as the GT25 so I will tell you right now you will never get down to 1.9-2.0 with a stock clutch. Ask juan what he heard when I was racing my car. I would pull off the line about 5 feet and then all 4 tires would chirp. This is right when the boost hits 20psi all at one time. By having your boost spike your just going to smoke the cluch all day long.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:37 PM

Default Yep, 1.9s aren't possible with the stock clutch...

Unless your Dingster...
Old 11-05-2001, 05:38 PM
Elder Member

Default don't put words in my mouth, Mike.

<b>"If you think running on a stock clutch is wise, your dumber then I thought."</b>

I'll leave out the two grammatical errors, but you of all people have no right to question someone's intelligence. I'm WELL aware your chip isn't tuned for the FMIC. That doesn't mean the kit won't run stronger with it; a GT25-equipped car will run faster than a stock k03 at the same boost level because it produces a higher volume of air (this was brought up many times in the past.) WHERE in my post, or anywhere else for that matter, have I claimed using a stock clutch is somehow better than an aftermarket clutch? Because I haven't upgraded my own clutch, or because I haven't ordered one from your buddy Juan? For drag racing, I've ALWAYS claimed that an aftermarket clutch is a necessity for larger-turbo setups; for everyday driving, people have logged thousands of miles without clutch problems. Assuming everyone needs a clutch because the turbo has been upgraded is outright idiocy.

<b>THE POINT OF MY POST IS SIMPLE:</b> you post a 13.6 time and lead people to believe anyone who gets a PES kit will go out and run the same times. The reality is they WON'T. <b>"...you will never get down to 1.9-2.0 with a stock clutch."</b> At no point have I argued that; it is the basis for my question. If you want to accurately compare a PES kit to a stage 3 kit, your car can't be used.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

i pulled a 1.9s with the OE clutch, just goes to show people need practice
Old 11-05-2001, 06:02 PM

Default Doh, I knew I was forgetting somebody!

Sorry man =)
Old 11-05-2001, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 'and lead people to believe anyone who gets a PES kit will go out and run the same times'

wasnt this the point of running Ed P's car or even the APR Stg3+. figures are what people are looking for and Ed P's time was totally appreciated. sure everyone adds an excuse... 'oh forgot to take out the spare', 'my clutch was fried from the start', etc etc... so long as we have numbers (not only 'educated guestimates') we should be contented with this valuable info

cmh is working for GIAC, he's aweful at his plugs but hey, someone has to do it. I for one appreciate it.
where are you coming from?
Old 11-05-2001, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah you know me, i'm just Robin in Batman Dan's shadow. *tweet tweet*
Old 11-05-2001, 06:13 PM

Nice slipup there... AWEful IE Giac dealer =)

Quick Reply: So are there time slips for the APR Stage III kits for the 1.8T? I have seens times