Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

sorry A.P.R , i wont be getting Stage III, and no it wont be a KO4 either...................(X-post)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry A.P.R , i wont be getting Stage III, and no it wont be a KO4 either...................(X-post)

i am now the proud owner of the new
-P.E.S- T-28 Turbo kit! with high flow cat
+ FMIC, Borla Exhaust and brake upgrade

i have had my heart set on S-III since it was out for DBW, but lately my chip has been pinging, and with me bieng in CA/AZ and them in AL, i wanted someone closer + the price was a littile too high (on S-III + exhaust) for my budget, and they dont even have an I/C ready for sale

and since i got the high flow cat and FMIC i will get a custom tuning session to optimize the setup

it was ordered today and should be installed within 2 weeks, i will give a full write-up (with pics) on the kit and my expierience at Evolution Motorsport (which has been great so far)
Old 08-06-2001, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah!!! congrats dude
Old 08-06-2001, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Congrats! Sounds Sweet! Keep us posted.

Interested in Dyno results if you have it Dynoed.
Old 08-07-2001, 03:57 AM

Default Where did you source the high flow cat from?

...and how much?
Old 08-07-2001, 10:53 AM

Default 750$, EVO motorsport

EVOMS.com
Old 08-07-2001, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Congrats!! GIAC software I assume.....

APR has totally forgotten us DBW Stage III folks it feels like! Unless you live out there. I'm running a revised version after bringing it to their attention that it was WAY peaky and not smooth at all way back in March......now August!? Not the best experience for me, and I'm also in California.
I also understand there is a software uploading cable they make thats FREE with the kits?? Will I get a Free cable?? Or do I have to hound them for eveything (which I have'nt)? Maybe thats what it takes.

My GIAC experiences were great, but my tuner Dynospot Racing is local, and I think that makes all the difference in the world.

Just the facts.

Audi On!
Old 08-07-2001, 04:18 PM

yup, from what i hear garret is running this kit on his car
Old 08-07-2001, 07:46 PM
Elder Member

Default the cable is free for those that had the APR chip to begin with. You had GIAC.

BTW a full-release DBW program should be out within a week. I have a beta version of it which has been great (had it for two weeks) and the actual release will be stronger.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sorry about your short stint with APR.

yup customer support is lacking, i'm tired of dingster's issues =)
Old 08-08-2001, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I hear ya Chris, always a voice of reason!! But,

there are a lot of things I'm silent about this Stage III transaction that deserve a little bit of, well shall we just say "polishing" and as reluctant as I may be to go into details here, I'd assume "people" are reading these couple of posts of mine
and not even an e-mail (except from folks on this side of the fence) I don't get it, thats all.

Maybe someone other than you Chris will keep Me (us) informed and on the cutting edge of Audi tuning!?

Thanks for the info BTW!!

Audi On!

Quick Reply: sorry A.P.R , i wont be getting Stage III, and no it wont be a KO4 either...................(X-post)