Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Stand Along EMS,... AEM Race System

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand Along EMS,... AEM Race System

Hi everyone!,

Just an update. The car is running decently well and I just got notice that the AEM Race Box for the Audi A4 will be identical to the Honda Box. So my plans are to buy the Honda box and customize and convert the Honda plugs to fit the A4. I will put the built up race engine in as well after successful completion and testing of the AEM EMS on the current set-up. And then the nirtous system will be back in as well.

And I finally got my clutch from Juan Mendoza at Werks of Art. It took 9-10 months. So now I have a perfectly good sachs clutch along with a spare Werks of Art clutch. I look forward to smoking the current clutch on the track in the upcoming season! =P

And for people who know their stuff, I have a current problem on the car. It runs fine after warming it up for 15-20 min, but if you start it and run it,... it'll sputter and stall and not start up again for about 15-30 min. This is a very odd problem as the OBDII says that there's nothing wrong with the car. And when it warms up,... the car drives perfectly. We switched the back to the stock injectors and the stock MAF (obviously not producing much power) and it seemed to run fine for a few days, and now back to the same problem. But the aftermarket injectors and MAF were in perfect condition. The car never had problems running for 3 months. So we know it's not the MAF and injectors now. I doubt too many people know what's going on, but I'm open to suggestions! =)

Cheers!,

Audi R4R (Stephen Ho)
Old 10-28-2002, 05:08 AM
No Bozos!

Default Throw

on a intake vacuum gauge, and see what happens between hot/cold.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:32 AM

Default A question about the AEM EMS.....

You mentioned that it's going to be the AEM "race" ems, but then you also mentioned that you'd be cutting the plugs off of the Honda box. Is AEM going to be releasing one of the "plug & play" systems for the A4, or are you just hard wiring the race system. TIA
Old 10-28-2002, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Could be fouling out the plugs....

Some stock A4s had this problem, if you're running colder plugs, it makes it worse.

You could try swapping the plugs out real quick, and see if starts right up.