Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Audi Q3 2022 high speed gear problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reporting the same issue here with a brand new 2022 Komfort 45 unit with 4000km on the clock. Thought it was a cold weather or not broken in issue, guess I'm not alone.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The transmission is horrible. It won't get better. My 2020 has the problem and if you drive in the mountains/hills then it's even worse. It's a terrible driving experience. I love the car otherwise but would never get another Audi because of this issue. Once the car market gets back to normal...I'm trading. Audi has done nothing to address this in the 2 years I've owned my vehicle.
Old 03-29-2022, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checking in, I too have this issue. I have a 2022 Q3 Premium Plus. Vehicle displays the same symptoms you all describe. The jerkyness happens whenever I am on the highway. I also sometimes have it happen at lower gears. I've had VW , Chevy's, Buicks, and I have never experienced a transmission issue like this. It is honestly embarrassing and extremely frustrating. Is Audi going to acknowledge this? I am going on a road trip with the family this weekend and when I get back I will be bringing it to my dealer to discuss what's going on. For a car that is this expensive it should not display this type of behavior.

The people who designed this car using this transmission have had to of experienced this when they test drove it right? I mean it's extremely obvious and seems to be a very common problem.
The following users liked this post:
Nkyrental (02-07-2023)
Old 04-16-2022, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Romoletto88
Because after this problem started I switched in manual and I saw that I have this problem only with the gear 5-6 6-7 but only when i accelerar in the highway. If I go i a constant speed I don’t have any problem. The problem started after 800 miles, maybe the dealer is right, I have to wait, but in 3 weeks I have 2400 mile and nothing changed. I’m so happy with this car, but I can’t accept that a 48k car have this problem.
I’ve had my 2022 Q7 for a year and it has actually got more frequent. I too get it at 5-6 and 6-7 great. Really really hate it. Dealer keeps telling me there is nothing wrong.
Old 08-12-2022, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Reviving this thread somewhat! Having the exact same issues mentioned in this thread (2021 Audi Q3 S-Line). Car is currently at the dealer and they are saying this is normal behavior. However, I am a firm believer this is not normal (no new car should abruptly shift like this especially in higher gears when coming off the throttle). I test drove the car with the Foreman and he was able to feel what we are all describing. The Foreman advised that he would test drive another Q3 and did, then confirmed it shifted the exact same way.

Has anyone received any other responses other than “this is normal?”
Old 11-19-2022, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same Problem/ Did any one get it fixed?

Hello everyone, I'm experiencing the same issue exactly as mentioned, I have a brand new 2022 Q3 5600K miles, The car is still a baby and is experiencing the same problem, took it to the service department 3 days ago they mentioned they updated the software and it should adapt to my driving, Well at this point it seems like they're teaching them a sentence to reply back with, called back to complain and will be taking the car back to the service department to see if they can fix it especially after the engine logo came on today. Did anyone find a solution or get his fixed?
Old 02-07-2023, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default NOT just a learning issue

Took our 2022 Q3 in today to fix the gas tank recall. Been having rough shift into 6th and 7th gear. They reproduced the problem, pulled the pan and metal was found. 4,458 miles it! Of course back log of parts they have no idea when a replacement transmission will come in. Fancy VW, knew she should have bought a Lexus! Will probably get it fixed and get rid of it. So much for refined luxury!
Make them check the pan, a computer flash won’t fix this!

tammie perrett (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nkyrental
Took our 2022 Q3 in today to fix the gas tank recall. Been having rough shift into 6th and 7th gear. They reproduced the problem, pulled the pan and metal was found. 4,458 miles it! Of course back log of parts they have no idea when a replacement transmission will come in. Fancy VW, knew she should have bought a Lexus! Will probably get it fixed and get rid of it. So much for refined luxury!
Make them check the pan, a computer flash won’t fix this!
thank you! will book in asap.
Old 02-08-2023, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Went over today and got some stuff out of the car while it sits waiting for the transmission. Talked to the tech and he said right now there are 30 transmissions ordered from Audi for Q3, world wide. He showed me the oil and the metal fines, they were not too big, he said it might have been an issue with installation, leaving metal fines that are supposed to be rinsed away as they build the transmission. He said he hopes in a few weeks he will get an ETA on the unit.
tammie perrett (02-09-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Can you post a pic of the work order please.

Would like to reference it if needed.

Quick Reply: Audi Q3 2022 high speed gear problem?