Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Who here will be the first to get their 2019 Q3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

And?
Old 07-11-2019, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My salesman called to let me know they had two in stock. During the test drive I unfortunately had to deal with Boston rush our traffic. There was a lot of stop and go. I thought it had decent power and the transmission shifted efficiently not that sporty. I do wish it had the dual clutch from the Q5. I've driven the Volvo XC40 T5 and I think it's on par with that transmission. What I found the most impressive was the interior fit/finish and tech. Everything felt solidly screwed together and I got the typical bank vault thud when closing the doors. Audi's new MMI touch is user friendly and snappy. I noticed no lag using Google Maps. The second row felt more roomy than my 2016 Tiguan. Overall the Q3 left a decent impression and I look forward to getting my order.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brightonkenrick
My salesman called to let me know they had two in stock. During the test drive I unfortunately had to deal with Boston rush our traffic. There was a lot of stop and go. I thought it had decent power and the transmission shifted efficiently not that sporty. I do wish it had the dual clutch from the Q5. I've driven the Volvo XC40 T5 and I think it's on par with that transmission. What I found the most impressive was the interior fit/finish and tech. Everything felt solidly screwed together and I got the typical bank vault thud when closing the doors. Audi's new MMI touch is user friendly and snappy. I noticed no lag using Google Maps. The second row felt more roomy than my 2016 Tiguan. Overall the Q3 left a decent impression and I look forward to getting my order.
Thanks for you comments......much appreciated. I've sat in the Volvo but haven't taken it for a spin. I wish the S line here in Canada came with those wheels, we get a different style (still 19 inch) but those ones are gorgeous. Sales associate said the ones shown above are available but would have to order them, they can't be swapped. Might bite the bullet and order them and use the wheels is comes with for snow tires.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thdude
Thanks for you comments......much appreciated. I've sat in the Volvo but haven't taken it for a spin. I wish the S line here in Canada came with those wheels, we get a different style (still 19 inch) but those ones are gorgeous. Sales associate said the ones shown above are available but would have to order them, they can't be swapped. Might bite the bullet and order them and use the wheels is comes with for snow tires.
i actually feel the exact same way except I like the Canadian rims a lot better. the US S-line 19" rims are probably my least favorite part of the car.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by brightonkenrick
My salesman called to let me know they had two in stock. Overall the Q3 left a decent impression and I look forward to getting my order.

My salesman contacted me that they should have a few in stock early next week for my test drive. then place an order for a 2020.

Last edited by LX302; 07-12-2019 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I am planning to buy the new Q3 premium with convenience package in San Francisco bay area. For those who have placed an order, how much discount do you get from your dealer? My dealer San Jose Audi will only sell the first shipment at MSRP.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Similar experience. At my dealer they told me something like out of 70+ new vehicles they have in upcoming inventory, only about 40-50 are Premium/Premium+ (I don’t want a Prestige) and almost all are sold. In the end there were only two cars with builds that I would consider ... either a Premium+ or a Premium with Convenience Package.

As such, they were not willing to negotiate on price due to high demand. The best they offered was a bog-standard Summer of Audi incentive of $500.

Still, I signed for the Premium+.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So what’s the consensus of the S-line Q3 vs the regular Q3? I have no idea which one I want. I don’t know enough about the differences and advantages/disadvantages of each. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Q3maybe
So what’s the consensus of the S-line Q3 vs the regular Q3? I have no idea which one I want. I don’t know enough about the differences and advantages/disadvantages of each. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

19 inch wheels, door sills, paint and styling, plus availability of Prestige trim. - simple. Bold items on the order guide posted in another thread.
The following users liked this post:
Q3maybe (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Q3maybe
From what I can tell the differences on the S-line model are wheels and some cosmetic exterior and interior enhancements. There isn’t one place that sums this all up but I gathered the following from their full Spec & Features page on the audiusa.com website:
- 19 or 20 inch wheels
- S-line exterior (for a more sporty look)
- Alcantara interior lining
- Illuminated aluminum door sills
- Three-spoke (Flat-bottom?) steering wheel with shift paddles
- Sport seats with contrast stitching
- Brushed aluminum inlays

Possibly the sport seats and shift-paddle steering wheel need to be purchased separately and are not included in the S-line package...
-
The following users liked this post:
ChicagoQ3 (08-14-2019)

Quick Reply: Who here will be the first to get their 2019 Q3?