Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Audi Q5 price paid and buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015+ Audi Q5/SQ5 price paid and buying experience

Hi,

I could not find a single/centralized thread with info on prices paid and buying experience (I searched on google and on here) so I thought let me put my experience up and if others want to post their prices paid and experiences here than great. If another thread exists, MODs please move this to that thread.

We just bought a 2015 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 2.0 Scuba Blue
We added the tech package (nav, back up cam, side assist)
We also added the Bang & Ollufsen sound system (B&O)

The MSRP of the car was $48,455. After doing a lot and lot of research - I settled on where I wanted to be prices wise - between $44k-$45k. We paid $42,700 before taxes - Yes - that is almost 12% off MSRP.

Buying Experience: Drove the car at another dealer in NJ, liked the car - dealer low balled on the trade and it didnt work out. I decided to do negotiating over email and just pulled out a number of $42,700. I called another dealer - told them what a third dealer was offering $42,700 and they agreed to match the deal.

Went in 3 weeks later - they had my emails, honored the price and gave me $500 less than what I wanted for the trade. I put a deposit and they got the car 3 days later. I picked up the car on the 4th day of after leaving the deposit.

The sales person was awesome - making jokes, very jolly and thorough with the car. The financing was great - very painless - gave us 1.94% for 65 months.

I think Audi has won me.

Best,

F

Last edited by faheemw; 07-28-2015 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You did well.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you Pete. I am glad it worked out. I will be buying from that dealership again for sure. They did me right.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Expert

It's nice to have multiple nearby dealers competing over your business. Where we are, there is only one Audi dealer, and they think too much of themselves. My wife got an employer discount, so the Q5 price was OK, but they screwed her on the trade-in value of her old car.

Granted, we paid cash. Since the dealer wasn't able to make some profit on the financing deal, they made it on the trade-in instead. I also did not know that it Michigan the trade-in doesn't help reduce your taxes (well, only the first $2000 of it does). Had I known this, I would have just told the wife to get a car from Chicagoland area instead. They were much more cooperative over there.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah... sounds like you did quite well... I had to order mine so they had me by the throat. I only got a few percent off. Oh well....

Congrats!! Enjoy!
Old 12-01-2014, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12% is pretty damn good. I ended up getting 8% off my SQ5. They started with 6% off as I work for Hewlett Packard and since there were 2 dealers in my area and the other offered 7% off, they told me they won't be beat and made it 8%. We also got the $1000 Audi loyalty rebate on top of the discount as my wife drives an A4. Who am I to argue.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wilsonville (OR) Audi..have a 15 TDI on order w/Tech, Sport, BnO, Tow, Mats, Metallic paint, Dest charge..

List is $55,325, paying $52,005.

Pretty fair price as Sunset Audi was more for less optioned car..
Old 12-01-2014, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You would have thought that the forum mods would start this themselves. Great source of traffic. I spent ages looking for one, when I was researching.

Anyway here's mine - I posted it in a separate post a few weeks back when we purchased, but adding it here - hopefully it helps someone.

Had a great experience with Livermore Audi in Northern CA. RJ there was great (if you are local and in the market). Hassle free, good price, no aggressive upsell, and really took his time in both the test drives, and then working us through all the details on the car.

Details:

2015 TDI Q5
Monsoon Grey/Titanium Grey
Tech Package
B&O
All Weather Package
Cargo Net (seriously how is this a listed $150 option?)

MSRP $53,805

Sale price $50,306
tax $4,534.65
tire tax $8.75
License/ title $460
doc fee $80.00
total OTD $55,399.40

For those of you shopping in NorCal, 2 other dealers offered more or less same discount - 3500 off similar equipped - Palo Alto, San Jose, but Livermore gave us best experience pre, so we went with them. I suspect I could have played hard ball back and forth and got a couple of hundred more off, but I thought that seemed a fair price, and the dealer had spent a lot of time with my wife

For those of you in SoCal, Keys Audi in Van Nuys offered me $4K off any Q5. I suspect that is around about the floor.

Car is great, and really like the Grey Leather. Seems like most are black. Hopefully grey wont adsorb heat as much.

Last edited by hitchens97; 12-01-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
It's nice to have multiple nearby dealers competing over your business. Where we are, there is only one Audi dealer, and they think too much of themselves. My wife got an employer discount, so the Q5 price was OK, but they screwed her on the trade-in value of her old car.

Granted, we paid cash. Since the dealer wasn't able to make some profit on the financing deal, they made it on the trade-in instead. I also did not know that it Michigan the trade-in doesn't help reduce your taxes (well, only the first $2000 of it does). Had I known this, I would have just told the wife to get a car from Chicagoland area instead. They were much more cooperative over there.
Yep, that really helped. Being in NJ and I work in NYC - I must have got quotes from atleast 10 dealers and then at that point it was really about who gets close to the price I wanted to be at... This dealer came through on pricing and once they honored the 42.7k - I was ready to leave a deposit right there and then.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hilld
12% is pretty damn good. I ended up getting 8% off my SQ5. They started with 6% off as I work for Hewlett Packard and since there were 2 dealers in my area and the other offered 7% off, they told me they won't be beat and made it 8%. We also got the $1000 Audi loyalty rebate on top of the discount as my wife drives an A4. Who am I to argue.
Wow - 8% off is awesome - especially for an SQ5 - love that car btw. Thats what you have to do though and play dealer vs dealer. I cant wait to get a second Audi (Q5 is for the wife) and get some loyalty bonus. Next thanksgiving maybe...

Don - as long as you like the car and you didnt pay MSRP - you are good. Plus on some level emotions for the car matter the most vs. stuff on the excel sheet.

Quick Reply: 2015 Audi Q5 price paid and buying experience