Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

3 days since I picked it up

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 days since I picked it up

Well I finally got my hands on it Wednesday,

Silver/Black Prem+ with Nav.

so I have spent the last few days getting used to it and I have to say it is a beautiful car, it is very hard not to push the engine hard but I know it will feel great when its ran in a bit, the response it wonderful and the looks I have had already makes you feel even better,
one guy actually reversed back down the road to take a closer look,

When i got to the dealer wednesday he gave me good news that Audi will make the first 2 payments! just come out the day before, that offset the maintanance program and the mud flaps,

the Nav is great and I have imported my phone book, but you do need to create a profile first,

so everything is good but there are some things that are frustrating,

1: Brake dust, brake dust, brake dust, what a nightmare, I even told the dealer about all of your complaints and they told me the pads have to wear in, but I have never seen so much in my life, I have just washed the wheels off again,

2: I cannot import any music from CD'S into the Jukebox, I have no idea why, is anyone else having the same problem?

3: The reflection of the air vent in the drivers side mirror is driving me mad,

4: I keep forgetting to take my I Phone out of the glove compartment, but at least while its in there I can't check E-Mail while I'm driving,

So tomorrow we will go for a long drive, next week I go to Iowa so I'll put a few miles on it,

I think I have attached some pix, if it works!

Let me know your thoughts on the jukebox,

thanks,
Attached Images    
Old 05-09-2009, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice! Silver looks awesome, nice job!

As for CD's, you cannot rip CD's as there is no ripping functionality within the car's stereo and nav options. Easy mistake to make, most folks are unaware that this would actually require additional ripping software, something that most car mfg's aren't doing, at least yet.

So...you will need to import MP3's from an SD card, or from a CD that is made up of MP3 files, or perhaps through the iPod connection in the glove box. But yeah, no ripping of actual CD's.

Congrats on the awesome car!

By the way, what is this 'Audi pays first 2 payments stuff?'...is that something your dealer just decided to do, or is that Audi corporate doing that? And is that off of a purchase, or lease, or both?

Thanks man!
Old 05-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi brought out this Summer event or something the day before I picked up the car, I didn't know anything about it until my dealer told me when I went to pick up the car,

so back to the jukebox, can I save music to a USB stick and plug it into the Audi Interface and save it to the jukebox that way?

the driveways wet because I just cleaned the wheels again!

thanks for the comments,
Old 05-09-2009, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Moofoo51
Audi brought out this Summer event or something the day before I picked up the car, I didn't know anything about it until my dealer told me when I went to pick up the car,

so back to the jukebox, can I save music to a USB stick and plug it into the Audi Interface and save it to the jukebox that way?

the driveways wet because I just cleaned the wheels again!

thanks for the comments,
yep, usb stick should work just fine.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Silver Q5 Looks Sweeeet!

...and you will sorta get OK with the vent reflection, although it ain't going away!

Keep those wheels clean!
Old 05-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'll get used to it,
but the MMI manual says you can import from CD'S but you can't,
Old 05-09-2009, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moofoo51,
Congratulation on your Q5. The car is looks amazing.
Thank You for sharing.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not been able to import anything from the interface in the glovebox. Only from the SD card and CD's that I have made with MP3 or similar files. I have pulled playlists onto a CD from my itunes files, and those have imported just fine. I have really given up on the jukebox though. Kind of a pain in the ***. I have a separate 80gig iPod just dedicated for the car that stays in the glove box, and I play all my music from there. With the jukebox, you have no playlists.

Beautiful car, by the way. Congrats
Old 05-09-2009, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Yep, it seems there is a copyright on the CD's that doesn't allow importing them to the jukebox....another thing I found out after I got he car!
Brake dust is a constant for me too, never had a car pruduce so much of it. Got to buy some kind of wheel wax that makes taking that stuff off easier.

Congrats on the car!

Bob
Old 05-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

congratulations. From your license plate I see that we bought the Q5 from the same dealer. They were really nice. I drove 1 hour out of my way for them.

I do have the same issue with the brake dust, however, I'm happy to report that now at 1,500 miles, the dust has been reduced to tolerable levels. No other issues to report in 3 weeks of ownership, other than the MMI reseted itself once while I was driving. I was inputing one address on the nav and apparently it made it crash. No big deal, it was back within 1.5 minutes.

I recommend buying a dedicated iPod. You can get them pretty cheap on craigslist. It would render the jukebox useless.

Quick Reply: 3 days since I picked it up