Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

About ready to purchase then... Dealer Service Fees!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

I guess you could get a vin, take it to the Audi dealer and ask them to tell you how much they know about this car. They should have a record of it in their system if it was at least maintained by Audi.
Do you know how many owners did it have?

One thing to consider for me would be the 3.2 and the carbon build up.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomaszp72
I guess you could get a vin, take it to the Audi dealer and ask them to tell you how much they know about this car. They should have a record of it in their system if it was at least maintained by Audi.
Do you know how many owners did it have?

One thing to consider for me would be the 3.2 and the carbon build up.
Yeah, I have the vin and a Carfax showing 1 owner (lease) and regular service intervals at Audi dealers. The dealer took it to an Audi dealer to get it looked over as well. They supposedly did everything covered under Audi care, but I haven't seen the receipt. I also talked to the service tech that looked at the car to confirm. I specifically asked if there were any misfire codes stored in the system. He said there wasn't. Of course I don't have any of this in writing (yet) and all I know the service tech is friends with the dealer.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdeg
Of course I don't have any of this in writing (yet) and all I know the service tech is friends with the dealer.
fox guarding the hen house???
Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
Very well could be.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
So I got the detailed RO, saying it had a safety inspection done, everything under Audi care (25k mile service), and a replaced sensor for advanced key. The tech's name that I talked to was on it.

A couple days ago an almost identical car popped up on autotrader with 18k more miles and a 6k higher price tag. The only difference was side assist and CPO. I wasn't willing to pay a $6k premium for 18k more miles and CPO. Besides, it only had warranty coverage for 2 more years, where I can get an bumper to bumper aftermarket warranty for 5 years of coverage (75k miles) for $3500.

I bought the car. Besides the dealer lying about detailing the it (he just ran it through a car wash) I'm very happy with the purchase, and the price I got it for.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hopefully it works out well for you and you don't discover any hidden surprises.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

wow - the unanimous opinion was to walk away, and you still did it... that's ballsy.

then again, you know the situation better than any of us. i hope everything goes well!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So far so good! I think it is just in his nature to be the typical lying used car salesman and be short and shady about everything regardless if he was actually hiding something or not.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In the words of Bart Simpson, I'd have told him to "get bent"....no car is worth that much hassle.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BassicC7
In the words of Bart Simpson, I'd have told him to "get bent"....no car is worth that much hassle.
If it means saving thousands of dollars, it's actually not too bad.

Quick Reply: About ready to purchase then... Dealer Service Fees!