Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Any regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find I use the camera more than I expected. It seems I was the opposite of most posters here, in that I look at it as an "accessory" to my navigation package. I don't like the look of the portable nav units stuck to windows or elsewhere with cables running all over the place, so a factory nav was a must, and despite what many say, I very much like Audi's MMI and nav system. I also LOVE the rearview camera, and especially the front parking sensors that came in this package. You can't go wrong in selecting this option, especially because you get better placement of the ***** and buttons with this package.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I agree with UrbanExtant. The button locations for the MMI are in a much better location. Did not like them on the dash. I also liked the look of the center color screen vs the red one. I like red backlight but that was just a little too much for me.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hmn4858
I agree with UrbanExtant. The button locations for the MMI are in a much better location. Did not like them on the dash. I also liked the look of the center color screen vs the red one. I like red backlight but that was just a little too much for me.
Well, because of my coffee loving wife, location of NAV buttons stopped me from getting the NAV package. Can't comment on the display color...
but $300 aftermarket rear parking sensors work just fine when backing up. And they are painted into the body color .
Old 12-03-2010, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by m1964
Well, because of my coffee loving wife, location of NAV buttons stopped me from getting the NAV package. Can't comment on the display color...
but $300 aftermarket rear parking sensors work just fine when backing up. And they are painted into the body color .
You could of just told her to put her coffee cup in the door.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hmn4858
You could of just told her to put her coffee cup in the door.
Or ban her from drinking coffee in the car
Old 12-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love everything about the car. We have about 9,000 miles so far on it and the only issue we have had was with the MMI screen which they fixed with a software update.
My only complaint about the car is the seats. We have a lot of winding roads where I live and the seats have little side bolster to them. I drove an A4 S Line and I liked the seats much better in that car. I know there are some that probably find it easier to get in and out of the seats the way they are but this car can handle and you don't want to be sliding around in the seat.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My wife spilled some tea recently, thankfully narrowly missing the controls and hitting the passenger seat instead. Whew! Nothing a little leather cleaner couldn't fix.

I still prefer the controls where they're at with Nav, and as others have mentioned, the backup camera, color driver info screen all add to the overall value/usability of the nav package. Think Audi should call this a tech package instead.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
Or ban her from drinking coffee in the car
Ummm get a travel cup w/lid?
Old 12-07-2010, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by billypete
Ummm get a travel cup w/lid?
Too funny, that's exactly what I did with my spouse to protect both our Audis. I went out and bought new spill-proof travel mugs!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i was debating about the nav, since i didn't feel nav was necessary (due to the cost and the fact that i've never had it in any of my cars to date). also, i typically use my bb if i need directions somewhere.

i wanted the rear back-up camera more than the nav. now i have no regrets at all. i absolutely LOVE having the nav MMI package on the car. the car itself is fairly easy to back-up, so the rear back up cam wasn't absolutely necessary, but it's definitely nice to have. the color driver information screen is one of my fav things.

Quick Reply: Any regrets?