Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Anyone Want To Takeover My Lease?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NABS4
I call BS on their residual.
If residual is in fact higher, you buy and relase the car for a profit. If it is less, they assume the loss.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
Leasing is only for people who likes to change cars every 3yrs or if they got too much money in their bank account.

Leasing is a bad investment compared to financing. After financing the car ...

Lots of additional factors you elected not to include:

- Maintenance costs.
- Warranty and the risk you take of driving a car out of warranty
- Driving a new car vs a 10 year old - new technology and what that does for you.
- Taxes and deducting costs as a business expense.
- Etc.

Not a clear cut decision as you make it out to be.

I drive between 25,000 and 35,000 miles a year. I therefore have two cars - a leased Audi Q5 (12,00 miles a year) and a purchased Golf TDI - doing the bulk of the commuting in the TDI. My wife drives a standard 12,000 miles a year and it makes sense to have her lease a car as her driving habits are constant and she likes (and can afford) a new car every three years.

Horses for courses, but for the OP to ask for someone to take over a baldly planned financed car is ludicrous.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
Trying to get rid of my Q5:

2012 Audi Q5 2.0t Premium Plus w/ Comfort Access. No Nav or MMI.
12,700 miles

Monthly payment is $650 a month.

Lease term is 39 months @ 10k miles a year, I've had it for 10 months now.

Black on black, very well kept.

Anyone interested?

Out of curiosity, why do you want to get rid of is so soon? Just wondering.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsackman

Horses for courses, but for the OP to ask for someone to take over a baldly planned financed car is ludicrous.

Badly planned financed? No. That is not the case. I got into this lease with ZERO money down. It's actually a good lease deal.

Originally Posted by SDCEB
Out of curiosity, why do you want to get rid of is so soon? Just wondering.
Trying to get into another vehicle, X5 35d, ML350 Diesel or a Porsche Cayenne Diesel. Not happy with the 2.0t, performance wise and economically.

This from Audi's website and that's with money down as well. So tell me how I got a bad deal and paid a lot again? I'm glad we got the Lease vs. Finance issues out of the way. Dsackman did a good job of explaining it.
Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2012, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=Coolieman1220;24372793]Badly planned financed? No. That is not the case. I got into this lease with ZERO money down. It's actually a good lease deal.

QUOTE]

Yes, badly planned. You stated the lease is for 10,000miles a year. That equates to 833 miles/month. You have already done 12,700 miles over the 10 months of ownership. You should only have done 8,333 by now.

Are you expecting the new owner to swallow that deficit?

Old 11-18-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cone on gentlemen !!!

Cool is just testing the waters for interest...

Not forcing you to buy anything - like health insurance or anything
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
Cone on gentlemen !!!

Cool is just testing the waters for interest...

Not forcing you to buy anything - like health insurance or anything
+++1 Totally agree with JohnBoy
Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Terlonz

Received 272 Likes on 183 Posts

Coolie, do you happen to know the buy-out amount on the lease? Or is that even an option? Buying out your lease might be a good alternative to buying a new or used one for the right person, but we'd need to know how much money it would take.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont get the issue. He has a lease. He put down all the facts. You dont like it, done take it over. The terms clearly met his needs when he set it up, and it may meet someone else's. And yes, the person that takes it over will take a deficit on an amortized mileage basis, so what. All the facts are on the table. The lease terms are 10k a year.

Lets say i have a 1 year lease at 10k miles a year. I can drive it 9,999 miles in the first week. Have it parked for a month and find terms that make sense for someone to take that lease over. If all the facts are on the table and the person knows what they got into, whats the problem?

That being said, I would be VERY careful transferring an Audi lease, assuming you have your lease through Audi Financial. They will never fully remove you from liability on the lease. So if you "transfer" (read add another person) on the lease, and they stop paying, it is ultimately your responsibility. I was just talking to the good folks at Audi about this as we have to expand our car due to family size doubling, lol.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsackman

Yes, badly planned. You stated the lease is for 10,000miles a year. That equates to 833 miles/month. You have already done 12,700 miles over the 10 months of ownership. You should only have done 8,333 by now.

Are you expecting the new owner to swallow that deficit?

Read below, another member explained this. Just because a lease is 10k miles a year, doesn't mean you have to do 833 miles a month.

Originally Posted by mtberman
Coolie, do you happen to know the buy-out amount on the lease? Or is that even an option? Buying out your lease might be a good alternative to buying a new or used one for the right person, but we'd need to know how much money it would take.
Somewhere in the mid to low 20's I believe. Right now that wouldn't make sense. I've tried it. I owe like 37 on it, trade in is 35. Unless I take that 2 grand hit It's better to just keep it till I'm out of the red then another dealer will buy it out but I have to wait a few months for my payments to meet up with depreciation.

Originally Posted by theperchik
I dont get the issue. He has a lease. He put down all the facts. You dont like it, done take it over. The terms clearly met his needs when he set it up, and it may meet someone else's. And yes, the person that takes it over will take a deficit on an amortized mileage basis, so what. All the facts are on the table. The lease terms are 10k a year.

Lets say i have a 1 year lease at 10k miles a year. I can drive it 9,999 miles in the first week. Have it parked for a month and find terms that make sense for someone to take that lease over. If all the facts are on the table and the person knows what they got into, whats the problem?

That being said, I would be VERY careful transferring an Audi lease, assuming you have your lease through Audi Financial. They will never fully remove you from liability on the lease. So if you "transfer" (read add another person) on the lease, and they stop paying, it is ultimately your responsibility. I was just talking to the good folks at Audi about this as we have to expand our car due to family size doubling, lol.
I'm glad someone on this forum has sense and knows what's going on. I swear people here are so argumentative for no reason. Good to know about Audi transferring leases. There are companies like Lease trader and such which check the other persons credit before so maybe that 3rd party could make things smoother? hmmm

Quick Reply: Anyone Want To Takeover My Lease?