Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Care...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Care...?

Should I buy it? Educate me please!
Thanks
Mike
Old 07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See if they'll throw it in. Definitely worth it, I've had it on both cars but they threw it in as part of the deal.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 292
Should I buy it? Educate me please!
Thanks
Mike
Leasing or buying? Either way Audicare is worth it in my opinion. If you are leasing having Audicare increases the residual 1% so you save many hundreds of dollars in payments (and the sales tax on the payments, if there is any in your area) over the 36 month or whatever lease term. This will help pay for the Audicare.
If you are leasing make sure you tell the salesman to add the 1% on the residual for Audicare - they pretend they aren’t aware of this and then do it after checking with their boss who does not want to lose the deal over it.
I like the idea that with Audicare you don't have to put off required maintenance because you might be short on cash or just reluctant to spend at that moment - your baby will get it’s service care when needed because it is prepaid and your are IMHO saving money over the dealer's normal prices anyway.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I like the idea that with Audicare you don't have to put off required maintenance because you might be short on cash or just reluctant to spend at that moment - your baby will get it’s service care when needed because it is prepaid and your are IMHO saving money over the dealer's normal prices anyway.
This is precisely why I bought mine. Pre-pay at the same time you buy the car while you are in a spending mood and later on you have no hesitation to keep it maintained because it's already paid for (at a discount nonetheless). Also, something to think about if you are buying...if you can afford to pay for it without adding it to the loan amount, you pay less because there is no interest tacked onto it.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FitzLA
See if they'll throw it in. Definitely worth it, I've had it on both cars but they threw it in as part of the deal.
+1, make it part of the deal!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you guys.
Waiting for my new car to arrive sucks!!

Mike
Old 07-09-2010, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you already ordered it and put a deposit down then there not going to give it to you. If they didn't take much off of MSRP when you were negotiating you may have gotten them to throw it in. I couldn't get them to throw it in on my deal because I was getting my Q5 below invoice with the loyalty. I purchased it and have no regrets.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My understanding is that Audicare is another way for the dealer to profit on the sale at the time of purchase. When I asked my salesmen for a hard copy listing all scheduled maintenance that was covered under Audicare and the prices, he would not provide any details.(this was for the pay-as-you-go option) He estimated that you save about $1,000 prepaying for the service. I am still skeptical- why wouldn't a dealer show the hard core facts to make the sale??

Also, from what I have read on this forum, many folks negotiate the price of Audicare or use it as part of the negotiation. It sounds like a good option if you are leasing the Audi.

Since I don't keep my cars for very long, I am still not sure I will buy it. I also wonder if my Audi dealer will be in business much longer- although Audicare is accepted at any dealership.

Good Luck!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi Q5 Maintenance Schedule

At 8000k:

* Engine Oil / Oil Filter - change oil and replace filter.
* AdBlue Fluid - fill completely with fresh fluid (maximum capacity: 23 liters) and adapt learned values for AdBlue tank under guided fault finding after filling fluid. (Audi Q7 3.0L TDI only).
* Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) - check ash loading according to manufacturer's work procedure, replace* if necessary.(200,000km only: Audi Q7 3.0L TDI, A3 2.0L TDI only).
* Tires and Spare - check for wear and damage, check pressure, reset TPMS.
* Tires - rotate, reset TPMS.(8,000 km only).
* Wiper Blades - check condition and replace if necessary.
* Wiper / Washer / Headlight Washer - check adjustment and function, add fluid if necessary.
* Service Reminder Display - reset.
* Brake System - check for damage, leaks, pad thickness, fluid level.

At 25000K:

* AdBlue Fluid - fill completely with fresh fluid (maximum capacity: 23 liters) and adapt learned values for AdBlue tank under guided fault finding after filling fluid. (Audi Q7 3.0L TDI only).
* Cooling System - check level, add if necessary.
* Engine On Board Diagnostics - check fault memory.(Audi A3, A6, S6, A8 only).
* Engine Compartment - check for leaks
* Battery - check and replace if necessary.
* Dust and Pollen Filter - replace.
* Spark Plugs - replace at 85,000km or 6 years, whichever occurs first. Then, every 90,000km or 6 years, whichever occurs first.(85,000km only: except A4 2.0L TFSI, A5 2.0L TFSI).
* Air Cleaner - clean housing, replace filter element.(85,000 km only: except Audi Q7 4.2L)
* Ribbed V Belt and Tensioner - check condition and replace if necessary.(R8 only)
* Snow Screen for Air Cleaner - clean.(A4, S4, A5, and A6 only)
* Fuel Filter - remove water.(Audi Q7 3.0L TDI only)
* Fuel Filter - replace (85,000km only: A3 2.0L TDI only)
* Plenum Panel - remove cover for plenum panel to check water drain and clean if necessary.(Except A3, Audi Q5)
* Tires and Spare - check for wear and damage, check pressure and renewal date of tire set (where applicable), reset TPMS.
* Wiper / Washer / Headlight Washer - check adjustment and function, add fluid if necessary.
* Lights - check all lights, check headlight adjustment.(A8 only)
* Doors - lubricate doors, check straps and hood latch.(A8 only)
* Rear lip Hinges - lubricate.(A8 only)
* Horn - check function.
* Brake System - check for damage, leak, pad thickness, fluid level.
* Exhaust System - check for damage, leak.
* Front Axle - check for excessive play, check dust seals on ball joints and tie rod ends.(A3, A6, S6, A8 only)
* Drive Shaft Boots - check.
* Automatic Transmission and Final Drive - check for leaks.
* Manual Transmission and Final Drive - check for leaks.
* Underbody - check for damage and leaks.
* Road test - check braking, kick down, steering, electrical, heating and ventilation system, air conditioning, ASL Automatic Shift Lock and power accessories

At 40000K:

* Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) - check ash loading according to manufacturer's work procedure, replace* if necessary.(200,000km only: Audi Q7 3.0L TDI, A3 2.0L TDI only).

At 55000K:

* Spark Plugs - replace at 55,000km or 3 years, whichever occurs first. Then, every 60,000km or 3 years, whichever occurs first.(except A4 2.0L TFSI, A5 2.0L TFSI).
* Power Steering Fluid - check, add if necessary.
* Air cleaner - clean housing, replace filter element.(115,000km only: Audi Q7 4.2L, R8 only)
* Ribbed V Belt and Tensioner - check condition and replace if necessary.(Audi Q7 3.6L, R8 only)
* Ribbed V Belt - check condition, replace if necessary. Check tension of belt drive with manual tensioner and retension if necessary.
* (115,000km only: V6 FSI, V6 TFSI (rear belt), 2.0L TFSI, 5.2L V10 FSI, 4.2L V8 FSI)
* Ribbed V Belt - replace only the V belt for the compressor drive.(115,000km only: 3.0L TFSI only)
* Fuel Filter - replace.(Audi Q7 3.0L TDI only 175,000km only: A32.0L TDI)
* Plenum Panel - remove cover for plenum panel to check water drain and clean if necessary.(Except A3, Audi Q5)
* Tires and Spare - check for wear and damage, check pressure and renewal date of tire set (where applicable), reset TPMS.
* Lights - check all lights, check headlight adjustment.(A3, A6, S6, A8 only)
* Lights - check all lights via instrument cluster. Check license plate light from the rear of the vehicle.(Audi Q7, A4, S4, Audi Q5, TT, A5, R8 only)
* Interior Lights - check all interior lights, glove box illumination, control lights and MMI (if applicable)
* Doors - lubricate doors, check straps and hood latch.(Except A
* Rear Lid Hinges - lubricate.(A8 only)
* Service Reminder Display - reset
* Horn - check function.
* Brake Discs - check thickness.
* Exhaust System - check for damage, leaks.
* Front Axle - check for excessive play, check dust seals on ball joints and tie rod ends.
* Continuously Variable Transmission (multitronic) - change ATF.
* Haldex Clutch - change oil.(A3, TT only)
* DSG/S tronic - change oil and replace filter element.(A3, TT only)
* Road test - check braking, kick down, steering, electrical, heating and ventilation system, air conditioning, ASL Automatic Shift Lock and power accessories

At 70000K:

At 85000K:

* Spark Plugs - replace at 85,000km or 6 years, whichever occurs first. Then, every 90,000km or 6 years, whichever occurs first.(85,000km only: except A4 2.0L TFSI, A5 2.0L TFSI).
* Air Cleaner - clean housing, replace filter element.(85,000 km only: except Audi Q7 4.2L)
* Ribbed V Belt and Tensioner - check condition and replace if necessary.(R8 only)
* Horn - check function.
* Front Axle - check for excessive play, check dust seals on ball joints and tie rod ends.(A3, A6, S6, A8 only)

At 100K:

* *If DPF replacement is not necessary, preform check every 30,000km thereafter until replacement becomes necessary. Subsequent DPF replacement interval is a maximum of 200,000km thereafter.

At 115K:

* Spark Plugs - replace at 55,000km or 3 years, whichever occurs first. Then, every 60,000km or 3 years, whichever occurs first.(except A4 2.0L TFSI, A5 2.0L TFSI).
* Air cleaner - clean housing, replace filter element.(115,000km only: Audi Q7 4.2L, R8 only)
* Ribbed V Belt and Tensioner - check condition and replace if necessary.(Audi Q7 3.6L, R8 only)
* Ribbed V Belt - check condition, replace if necessary. Check tension of belt drive with manual tensioner and retension if necessary.
* (115,000km only: V6 FSI, V6 TFSI (rear belt), 2.0L TFSI, 5.2L V10 FSI, 4.2L V8 FSI)
* Ribbed V Belt - replace only the V belt for the compressor drive.(115,000km only: 3.0L TFSI only)
* Lights - check all lights via instrument cluster. Check license plate light from the rear of the vehicle.(Audi Q7, A4, S4, Audi Q5, TT, A5, R8 only)
* Interior Lights - check all interior lights, glove box illumination, control lights and MMI (if applicable)
* Horn - check function.
* Front Axle - check for excessive play, check dust seals on ball joints and tie rod ends.

At 130K:

At 145K:

* Horn - check function.
* Service 3
* Horn - check function.
* Replace at 175,000km

At 160K: