Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Pure Protection Quote

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Audi Pure Protection Quote

I am about to buy-out the residual on my 2010 Q5 P+ lease. I have 33,000 miles on my 36mo/36K mi lease. Called Audi Financial Services and they were very helpful.

I inquired regarding an extended warranty. They said they have a few different levels and deductibles. I wanted the $0 deductible, full coverage... similar to the factory warranty. They quoted $7,826 for a 6 year / 72k mi plan. This is the longest of the plans, and the agent stated the term is from the in-service date. This warranty would be cancellable and refundable for the balance proration.

Does this make sense in essence extending the 4 yr / 50K mi factory warranty to a 6 yr / 72K mi warranty costs $7,826...

I also discussed a CPO warranty certification with my dealer. They said it costs $2,100 and if I traded in the car later they would not give any refund or value for the CPO.

I guess I am going to take my chances without an extended warranty. I would appreciate anyone's comments.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That price sounds absurd, but I've never called to ask how much extending the warranty would cost. I'd pocket the money or just make a fund to pay for repairs, should you need them.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Check in with Troy at fd-warranty.com.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These plans start at the original in service date, so depending on when originally put in service, for 2010, say it's 2 years old now...

That would be a 4yr/40k plan for $7K ?!? No brainer - get it from fd-warranty or don't get it at all...
Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dealer charged me $1350 to CPO the Q.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
I am about to buy-out the residual on my 2010 Q5 P+ lease. I have 33,000 miles on my 36mo/36K mi lease. Called Audi Financial Services and they were very helpful.

I inquired regarding an extended warranty. They said they have a few different levels and deductibles. I wanted the $0 deductible, full coverage... similar to the factory warranty. They quoted $7,826 for a 6 year / 72k mi plan. This is the longest of the plans, and the agent stated the term is from the in-service date. This warranty would be cancellable and refundable for the balance proration.

Does this make sense in essence extending the 4 yr / 50K mi factory warranty to a 6 yr / 72K mi warranty costs $7,826...

I also discussed a CPO warranty certification with my dealer. They said it costs $2,100 and if I traded in the car later they would not give any refund or value for the CPO.

I guess I am going to take my chances without an extended warranty. I would appreciate anyone's comments.
Hi! I think you and I have a similar situation. I just bought a 2010 3.2 Q5 Premium Plus. To get the CPO limited warranty it cost me $1,350 (6 years/100K miles/$80 deductable). With when the limited warranty starts and how much I drive it didn't give me enough years of coverage (2 years). So I purchased the Extended warranty platinum(8 years/100K miles/$0 deductable) for $2,200.

So to answer you question I think you made the right decision not to buy the over priced warranties the dealer was trying to sell you. Who knows I might have gotten ripped off?! But it is too little too late. I do enjoy the Q5 tremendously.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Tchenm
Hi! I think you and I have a similar situation. I just bought a 2010 3.2 Q5 Premium Plus. To get the CPO limited warranty it cost me $1,350 (6 years/100K miles/$80 deductable). With when the limited warranty starts and how much I drive it didn't give me enough years of coverage (2 years). So I purchased the Extended warranty platinum(8 years/100K miles/$0 deductable) for $2,200.

So to answer you question I think you made the right decision not to buy the over priced warranties the dealer was trying to sell you. Who knows I might have gotten ripped off?! But it is too little too late. I do enjoy the Q5 tremendously.
Tchenm,

Thank you for your response. Your extended Platinum warranty of 8 years / 100K miles / $0 deductible is almost reasonable. Can you share where you purchased this please. If you wish, a private message is welcome.

Dennis
Old 09-01-2012, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I would be interested in your info as well for the exteneded warranty
Old 09-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Tchenm,

Thank you for your response. Your extended Platinum warranty of 8 years / 100K miles / $0 deductible is almost reasonable. Can you share where you purchased this please. If you wish, a private message is welcome.

Dennis
Hi Dennis, I got my extended warranty from Desert Audi.

http://desertaudi.net
Old 10-14-2012, 05:00 AM
OBP
Audiworld Junior Member

Has anyone read the Audi Pure Protection contract carefully ? I saw an exclusion once a car reaches 50,000 miles which says wear and tear items like steering components, shocks, CV joints and anything else which the warranty admin ( Fidelity Warranty ) deems as wear and tear will not be covered.So right when the factory warranty expires at 50,000 miles, that is when Audi Pure protection exclusions start ramping up ? So us owners get less protection at the point we really need it ?

Quick Reply: Audi Pure Protection Quote