Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

August Order, December Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This being our second Q5 ordered within a year, I can say from experience that the information provided from the Audi order entry system is fairly accurate. The only place there was a delay with my last order was the loading of the boat in Germany. Apparently there was something with the boat that delayed loading. All their vehicles for that boat sat there for an extra week, Otherwise, the dates given were accurate.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Terlonz

Received 272 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by xfirechief
Ordered Sept. 9th & delievered Sept. 23rd. Wow, I guess we were lucky. we were told that if we ordered White we would get it within 1 month & they were right.
They didn't "order" this car. They put your name on an unsold car that was already at the port or on a truck. If you were to check the Audi database, you'd see this vehicle was ordered for inventory a couple of months earlier.

This can be a great strategy for someone who's flexible on color and equipment. Ask your dealer what they have coming in the next few weeks that's not sold yet, and consider reserving one of those vehicles.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clepto
I'm jealous of all these people I see taking delivery of their Q5s, mine's not even scheduled to get on the boat till Nov 1, yet I ordered 8/14.

2.0T P+, Glacier White, 19" 5 spokes, B+O, Adv Key - No Nav. - Someday...
I feel your pain. Fortunately, my Q5 just arrived at the dealership. I drove by the dealership today (10/23) and it was just sitting there. Unfortunately, the dealer is closed on Sunday, and I will be out of town until Thursday before I can pick up my Q5. I am so excited. I am not sure where you're at, but at the dealership (I am in St. Louis) was a 2.0T Glacier White Q5 that came in the same time as my Q5, and last I checked, was available. Good Luck!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Terlonz

Received 272 Likes on 183 Posts

Got an update on my Q5 order today.

The "Departure Port Arrived" date is now populated with 10/25/2011. The estimated date listed next to "Ship Loaded" has been updated from 10/28 to 10/29.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume this means the car's been built and is at the departure port now. Assuming the estimated port arrival date is accurate (it says 11/14 and the port should be Houston) then I guess we'll be getting it around the end of November.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mtberman
Got an update on my Q5 order today.

The "Departure Port Arrived" date is now populated with 10/25/2011. The estimated date listed next to "Ship Loaded" has been updated from 10/28 to 10/29.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume this means the car's been built and is at the departure port now. Assuming the estimated port arrival date is accurate (it says 11/14 and the port should be Houston) then I guess we'll be getting it around the end of November.
It sounds like our vehicles will be on the same boat. I got an update this morning that shows my Q is at the departure port (got there early), but the "ship loaded" field has been pushed back from 10/28 to 10/31, which bumped the "port arrived" from 11/7 to 11/10. It now shows as being at the dealership a week later. I had hope it would keep on schedule, but previous experience was telling me it would not. At least I know it's built, and on its way!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm jealous...placed order late August, just got word that it will be on the boat Nov 18, arrival in port Nov 28. Then maybe another 2 weeks to arrive to the dealer! Brutal!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

How are you guys getting this info? Do you periodicly call the dealer you ordered from or are they updating you.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by johncaravello
How are you guys getting this info? Do you periodicly call the dealer you ordered from or are they updating you.
I emailed my salesman to arrange clear bra installation before delivery, and he sent me a screenshot of my order along with the clear bra information.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks. I've never ordered a car. In the past I always just picked one from the lot and said get it ready I will see you next week.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by johncaravello
Thanks. I've never ordered a car. In the past I always just picked one from the lot and said get it ready I will see you next week.
Hopefully you have a good relationship with your salesman, and you feel comfortable pestering him for more information, like many of us on here do with ours ;-) If you do, just call, or email him asking for a screenshot of your order. There isn't anything in that screenshot they shouldn't already be sharing with you.

Quick Reply: August Order, December Delivery