Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Aux Coolant Pump (Fire) recall update

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephen Walton
Still at a loss here----I know that some of you have had the coolant pump replaced already according to the above posts. Is that because you drive Q5s? The reason that I'm asking is that dealer now says they have started replacing pumps, but only on Q5's so far. Anyone with an A5 have it done yet?

Audi recall site shows no open recalls for my car (19N4 disconnect already done) which (according to dealer) means that coolant pump is not available for the car yet. My take on this is "we have way more Q5's on the road than A5's, so we're addressing the pending inferno instead of just a couple of fires."

Don't think that this could be handled any worse that it has been.
Yes- we have Q5s MK1. My Q5 was fixed, with the part, two weeks ago - so no turbo warranty for me, but I prefer the real fix vs. that. You should head over to the A5 B8.5 forum (assuming you don't have a B9, since I do and do not have the coolant pump issue, not have seen mention of it in the B9 forum) and check-in there.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious whether anyone else has had the second recall done (the actual after-run pump replacement). I called my dealer last week, and they claimed that the parts are still not available for the Q5. They said to wait for a letter announcing the replacement.

For those that had the after-run replaced, did you receive a letter? Was there any notification? Has anyone else had their pump replaced?

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2019, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Well, your dealer lied, the parts are available. What he probably should have said was that the parts are on allocation and that Audi is sending out letters, probably by zip code, as they ship batches of parts out to the dealers in the same zip codes. Allocation, not "unavailable".

Unless some irate customer burned down the water pump factory, and they really are unavailable again.

Compared to what you hear about folks waiting five years for a Takata airbag replacement...what's the hurry? (Rhetorical question.)
Old 04-10-2019, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I live in KY, received a notice from AoA about recall 19o2 for the replacement of the after run coolant pump. That was 2 weeks ago.
This week, dealer installed part 06H-965-559-K, took them less than an hour.
It smelled like coolant in my engine bay after they were done.
Guess I won't catch on fire?
Old 04-11-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry, I just realized I posted in the wrong subforum (was searching for news on this after run pump and didn't see i was in the Q5 forum).
Carry on...
Old 04-16-2019, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Wait, so the first post was a mistake, the second was intentional? This is inexcusable.
I choose dueling pistols, at dawn, Sunday morning in front of AoA headquarters.
Please make sure to park around the corner, so the cars cannot be damaged by misses or ricochets.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

You're on, I'll be driving a C7, moonlight blue. Wait, . . . you got me, third mistake!, I'm out.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received a letter a couple of months ago that parts were available and to schedule the work (I live in Connecticut). I had the after-run pump replaced last week with a scheduled maintenance appointment.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked the MyAudi page with my VIN and it's showing that action code 19N8 is available as of April 19th. I had 19N4 (pump bypass and software) done last November. I left a message for my service advisor - waiting for a response...
Old 04-30-2019, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Same story here. MyAudi now shows the recall as open. Scheduling via the dealer's website also lists the recall when I open a scheduling request. Dealer says they have the parts so I'm scheduled for Friday.

Quick Reply: Aux Coolant Pump (Fire) recall update