Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Bluetooth Streaming - No Nav - 2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Streaming - No Nav - 2013

Hey guys,

I was under the impression that the 2013 Q5's had A2DP (Bluetooth audio streaming). However I do NOT have NAV - does that mean I can't stream?! Can't seem to see any AMI options for BT audio with the phone paired to the phone system...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amorak
Hey guys,

I was under the impression that the 2013 Q5's had A2DP (Bluetooth audio streaming). However I do NOT have NAV - does that mean I can't stream?! Can't seem to see any AMI options for BT audio with the phone paired to the phone system...
This appears to be true because I'm in the same situation. At least I can't find a way to access anything on my phone other than phone functions. Another irritant is how the iPad interface works with audiobooks. You can fast forward & reverse in the book but there is no way to skip forward or back by chapter, as is available either on the iPod or my iPhone.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's unfortunate news! I hope Audi has a software fix!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Anyone else have luck with A2DP on the non-Nav '13s? Im in the same boat here.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am NAV equipped, but still had to enable Bluetooth streaming through the MMI. I believe it is under the Bluetooth pairing options somewhere in the MMI. So unless someone has confirmed that you CANNOT do it in Q5s without NAV, you may want to take a look.

Sorry, I don't have the menu's memorized or know where a quick lookup is located.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

2013 Premium Plus w/o nav. I've never found the A2DP.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am pretty sure that unless you buy the updated Nav, that you cannot stream music. Though you still get the bluetooth phone, just not audio.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Oh man, should have read this before I bought my 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus....

I was thinking of getting those bluetooth adapter with 3.5mm jack since my car was advertised to have "aux-in" (was on the sticker). But I couldn't find it, nor the dealer! The said it must be an AMI connector, but that doesn't make sense because the sticker also stated "AMI for iPod", which I have the cable, and would have stated that I need the AMI aux-in cable.

Now I am wondering: can Android iPhone (ICS) or iPhone connect to 2 bluetooth devices?
1). Audi BT for phone
2). 3rd party BT for music
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

The phone should be able to connect to two different Bluetooth devices for different BT Profiles. I think it would be problematic for it to both be the same BT Profile. In other words, connecting to two different Hands Free BT systems at the same time would probably not work. But connecting one to Hands Free and another to Audio Streaming should work fine.

I have never tried this mind you. However, I believe the BT profiles are separate sessions on the OS. So each session can be connected to separately.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'll be connecting to 2 different profiles:
1. Hands free profile - connect to Q5
2. Media Streaming (A2DP) profile - other Bluetooth

I think this should work...

Originally Posted by Daisame
The phone should be able to connect to two different Bluetooth devices for different BT Profiles. I think it would be problematic for it to both be the same BT Profile. In other words, connecting to two different Hands Free BT systems at the same time would probably not work. But connecting one to Hands Free and another to Audio Streaming should work fine.

I have never tried this mind you. However, I believe the BT profiles are separate sessions on the OS. So each session can be connected to separately.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Streaming - No Nav - 2013