Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Bosch BP1322 QuietCast Front Pads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bosch BP1322 QuietCast Front Pads?

I recently did my brakes, not new to the process. I used the recommended Bosch brakes and the BP1322 shows they fit 2012 Q5 2.0T. The clips that attached the pad to the caliper did not fit, they were too small. I placed the new pads one the old pads and they were exactly the same so I swapped over the clips. Overall they work great, but when I switch from forward to reverse there is a clank like the pads are sliding back/forth. My usual mechanic says that can be normal. My question, is this a safety issue or is it normal?
Old 10-02-2017, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

" when I switch from forward to reverse there is a clank " No that's not normal.Sounds like you need to check the tabs that ride in the clips to see that they are absolutely the same width as those on your original brake pads.Don't have any experience with Bosch brakes, but sounds like they've got issues.clips are important and they should have got that right.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MurrayA4
" when I switch from forward to reverse there is a clank " No that's not normal.Sounds like you need to check the tabs that ride in the clips to see that they are absolutely the same width as those on your original brake pads.Don't have any experience with Bosch brakes, but sounds like they've got issues.clips are important and they should have got that right.
Thanks Murray, I think I'm just going to swap them out to be safe. I like the Bosch and this is the first time I have had a problem with their parts. I used to like Hawk pads but they are expensive and the last set I put on my A4 squealed with in a month. Do you recommend a brand or part# for the 2012 Q5 2.0T?
Old 10-03-2017, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes absolutely. I recommend either Textar or Brembo.They're both Oem suppliers and for all around use they're hard to beat.They're dimensionally accurate and include the correct clips .They work really well - bonus.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes absolutely. I recommend either Textar or Brembo.They're both Oem suppliers and for all around use they're hard to beat.They're dimensionally accurate and include the correct clips .They work really well - bonus.
Thank you
Old 10-09-2017, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Murray, quick question. I have the Schwaben piston retractor that worked great on 2 Audi caliper that have the U shape outer section to the caliper. The Q5 has a solid outer piece and no room for the threaded section of the tool to fit. I managed to squeeze it back in but not in a way I would try again. What is the proper way with these calipers?
Old 10-09-2017, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

jiggysmb I've been using a "backwoods" hack for years on this design of caliper.Works just fine.Just exert steady pressure on the piston face and it will go back to its home.
Attached Images  
Old 10-09-2017, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

jiggysmb I've been using a "backwoods" hack for years on this design of caliper.Works just fine.Just exert steady pressure on the piston face and it will go back to its home.
Thanks, that is pretty much what I did but was worried I was putting too much pressure on one side of the piston. Maybe when I redo them this weekend I will find something long and use 2 C clamps on each side.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggysmb
I recently did my brakes, not new to the process. I used the recommended Bosch brakes and the BP1322 shows they fit 2012 Q5 2.0T. The clips that attached the pad to the caliper did not fit, they were too small. I placed the new pads one the old pads and they were exactly the same so I swapped over the clips. Overall they work great, but when I switch from forward to reverse there is a clank like the pads are sliding back/forth. My usual mechanic says that can be normal. My question, is this a safety issue or is it normal?
I just did the rear brakes on our 2010 Q5- I, for the first time, ordered Bosch pads. Before, I always got Textar or Pagid.
When I tried to place the new clips into the caliper bracket, they did not fit because they were too wide/big.
I ended up re-using the old clips. The pads initially felt a little "weak" in braking but after a few miles I cannot tell the difference between the old Textar pads and the new Bosch pads.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggysmb
Thanks, that is pretty much what I did but was worried I was putting too much pressure on one side of the piston. Maybe when I redo them this weekend I will find something long and use 2 C clamps on each side.
I used a c-clamp but left the old pad in the caliper so the clamp would press on the pad not on the caliper. The pic. below is not Audi caliper.