Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Customize Programming Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customize Programming Options

I've been reading about the great features that are enabled with some of the programming apps. Most of the threads are pretty old. There's a few things I'd like to change on my 17 Q5 and would appreciate some feedback on the options. I've seen Ross-Tech VCDS, ODBEleven and Carista. I'm not a fan of the subscription model that Carista uses but how many changes are made later. I'm not a mechanic so not sure I'd use this often for self diagnosis (of the car, I'm beyond help )

In the near future I'm adding a hitch so that's some of the changes I think I need to make along with some other minor things like holding a fob button to roll down all the windows (a must in sunny So Cal).

Thanks in advance.

MG
Old 07-26-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mgolub55
I've been reading about the great features that are enabled with some of the programming apps. Most of the threads are pretty old. There's a few things I'd like to change on my 17 Q5 and would appreciate some feedback on the options. I've seen Ross-Tech VCDS, ODBEleven and Carista. I'm not a fan of the subscription model that Carista uses but how many changes are made later. I'm not a mechanic so not sure I'd use this often for self diagnosis (of the car, I'm beyond help )

In the near future I'm adding a hitch so that's some of the changes I think I need to make along with some other minor things like holding a fob button to roll down all the windows (a must in sunny So Cal).

Thanks in advance.

MG
My experience on my 2016 Q5. I first went with Carista back before the subscription days and was happy until I found a few things it wouldn't do that I really wanted.
I purchased VCDS and while it has a more complicated interface I know exactly the changes that are being made and it offers the complete view for diag.

I don't recall seeing a Q5 Hitch change in Carista (possibly because I don't have one) but did use it to reprogram the rolling down of the windows with the fob.

Best of luck.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is there a list of mods that can be done using whichever tool?
I have read some threads that suggest a thing or two...but never saw a full list of the possible 'mods' anywhere.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I found this link on the Ross-Tech site. Seems to list everything they have and while not strictly a list, you can scan through everything.
Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour
Carista just gives a sample list once you select a vehicle. Couldn't find anything further. I now have to decide if I have a $200 problem.