Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Daytona Grey S line

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another Daytona Grey here
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2011, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
I finally got to unwrap my new Q5 this morning. It arrived at the dealership last night right before closing time. Here are some photos of it, and of the R8 GT and R8 Spyder the dealership has in the showroom. The Q5 is Daytona Grey with the S line Package, Prestige Package, Luxury Package, and Audi Drive Select Package. It goes through service today, then detail, then clear bra, and should be ready for delivery to me by Tuesday.
Beautiful! Next week I'll pick up my Q5 S-line Daytona Grey, same rims. In Europe this colour is a lot more popular. It costs about 2.600 Euro on a non- s-line, and costs the same as any other metallic paint on an S-line. So you only see Daytona on S-line models, great combination with the titanium look difusers on the bumpers
Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, after having the car for the first week, here are my initial impressions:

1) Drive Select is worth every penny!

2) The S line package makes the car. Having owned a non-S line and now an S line, the S line is superior. The rims alone make it worth it, then add in the black headliner, and all the other goodies, and WOW!

3) Pano roof in the S line is significantly darker tinted than the non-S line.

4) Daytona Grey is the best Audi color EVER! Everyone who sees the car comments on how beautiful the color is.

5) Luxury package is, hands-down, a requirement. The leather is so much better than the standard stuff, and the entire seat being covered in leather, not just the "seating surfaces", makes all the difference. Also, the leather armrests, and instrument cowl really make it feel "complete" inside.

6) The V6 and the 6 speed tranny is superior, for my partner and I anyway, to the 2.0T and 8 speed in our A4. The Q5 is silky smooth, and has that wonderful growl every time it accelerates. The 2.0T and 8 speed aren't half as smooth or pleasant sounding.

7) No car is perfect/flawless. My driver's seat is being replaced because it "wobbles & clunks" back and forth slightly. Tech looked at it, and within 5 minutes said they would order a new seat. When ordering, they discovered it's not an uncommon problem, and the seat will be here in 7-10 days.

8) Love the summer tires. Mine came with the Bridgestone Duellers, I wanted the Michelins, but hey, can't get everything in life, right?! We ordered Pirelli Scorpion winter tires, and 18" Rial rims from TireRack for the winter. They'll be here/installed next week. Fortunately, the weather in Philly has been in the high 60's this week, so summer tires haven't been an issue.

Overall, this Q5 has exceeded every expectation. My partner and I have learned it's the options that make the car complete, and if you're going to do it, do it right. We have no regrets about this car, or the options we ordered it with.

Here are some pics of the inside taken with my cell phone. I'll try to get better ones soon.
Attached Images      

Last edited by UrbanExtant; 11-29-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats

Nice looking Q5
Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default The Economics...

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
I finally got to unwrap my new Q5 this morning. It arrived at the dealership last night right before closing time. Here are some photos of it, and of the R8 GT and R8 Spyder the dealership has in the showroom. The Q5 is Daytona Grey with the S line Package, Prestige Package, Luxury Package, and Audi Drive Select Package. It goes through service today, then detail, then clear bra, and should be ready for delivery to me by Tuesday.
I too have a 2011 3.2 Q5 and wish I bought a different color/different option package(s). Black is too hard to keep clean... How many miles did yours have and what did the dealer offer towards a 2012 Q5 purchase?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JGS4
I too have a 2011 3.2 Q5 and wish I bought a different color/different option package(s). Black is too hard to keep clean... How many miles did yours have and what did the dealer offer towards a 2012 Q5 purchase?
Mine had 6 miles on it. As for the deal I got on the vehicle, it was something special offered to me to help reforge a business relationship with the dealership after their mishaps with my previous Q5, so it's not a deal that would easily be reproduced.

Last edited by UrbanExtant; 11-29-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Urban, that is one beautiful car. How do you believe it will compare to the Phantom Black of your other car with regards to keeping it clean. I have a Brilliant Black, and I've found that it is DIFFICULT to keep looking good, altough is stunning when it's clean.

I ended up with the Brilliant Black accidentally, and I had known I was going to get the 3.2 would have ordered Daytona Grey.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by htdco
Urban, that is one beautiful car. How do you believe it will compare to the Phantom Black of your other car with regards to keeping it clean. I have a Brilliant Black, and I've found that it is DIFFICULT to keep looking good, altough is stunning when it's clean.

I ended up with the Brilliant Black accidentally, and I had known I was going to get the 3.2 would have ordered Daytona Grey.
My partner and I both agree that, when clean, there's nothing better looking than a black vehicle. They look so sleek, sporty, and sexy. The problem is, unless you have a live-in car washer/waxer, black cars hardly ever look "clean." We don't plan to buy another black car. I've owned several grey cars in my life, and have found that they usually hide the dirt easier than other colors. Just after I moved away from home, I had a platinum grey VW Jetta, and it was fairly easy to keep looking good. Platinum Grey is about the same darkness as Daytona Grey, but not as beautiful/sparkly. I've had the Q a bit over a week now, and it's definitely getting dirty, but from a distance it's hardly noticeable. We had the A4 cleaned about the same time as we got the Q5, and it looks dirty from any distance now.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Niiice! Congrats! Excellent color choice!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by htdco

When I was out today I took some photos of the Q so you could see for yourself how it hides the dirt. It hasn't been washed since we picked it up (shame on us, I know), and it seems to hide the dirt fairly well. I'm also attaching a photo of the winter rims/tires we ordered. I'm extremely impressed with the Rial rims. I will post an update once they're on the car, and I've driven them.
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Daytona Grey S line