Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Do I have to possess my Audi at time of buying new one for Audi Loyalty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Do I have to possess my Audi at time of buying new one for Audi Loyalty?

I'm told I do. Need to have current registration at time of new purchase to qualify. Is that what others have experienced?

I know 10 years ago I didn't have my A4 when I took delivery of my S4 (sold A4 1 month after ordering S4, 4 months before taking delivery of S4), but I don't recall how the details of obtaining the Loyalty worked then. I've owned Audis almost continuously for the past 14 years, and have owned my A3 for 3.5 years. I'd really like to sell it before my Q5 arrives, but I don't want to risk losing Loyalty over it. I guess I could call Audi Customer Care to discuss.

Curious what others' experiences are...?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 591 Likes on 495 Posts
Default They need a copy of your current registration

I just did it on the Q5 Euro Delivery paperwork w/ my 2006 A8.

Of course if you made a copy of your registration just before selling it, the registration expiration is after your Q5 purchase date, and you do it all in short order, candidly I don't think in the paperwork "trail" it will even get flagged.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loyalty

I sold my previous Audi prior to the sale, but had already put down my deposit and offered to sell the Audi in trade (dealer refused). The right salespeople won't have any trouble fudging this at all, just make sure they have the VIN etc. that they need to fill out the paperwork.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked my local dealer about this a few months ago, and they said that as long as I have a current (i.e. not expired) registration and insurance for my S4, that would be enough paperwork for the Audi loyalty program.

'Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlumF
I asked my local dealer about this a few months ago, and they said that as long as I have a current (i.e. not expired) registration and insurance for my S4, that would be enough paperwork for the Audi loyalty program.

'Hope this helps.
Have done this a couple of times where I had sold the old, qualifying Audi prior to delivery of the new one. So long as you have a non-expired registration in your name showing the VIN that the dealer can copy, you're good to go. Without that, it will be a problem as the dealer wouldn't get reimbursed by Audi.