Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

First Service (5K) coming up on Tuesday...some issues!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Service (5K) coming up on Tuesday...some issues!

My 5k service is on Tuesday...I'm about 500 miles early, but I have a few issues that I want to address! I'm going a bit out of my way to Carlsbad because the other dealers in San Diego don't seem to have a great reputation?

I have the dreaded "back seat rattle"...was intending to tape it like others on the forum have done, but I'll let them take care of it!

My window just started whistling/whining this week...or I just turned the stereo down enough to hear it! Love the Audi/IPod interface. Stuck my old Nano in there which frees up my ITouch!

My vents are a little crooked and don't quite sit flat with the dash in certain spots....definitely not the 2mm tolerance preached for the interior. I'm sure they can just readjust them...??

I'm out of windshield washer fluid! Just a nice timing coincidence!

I have a small mar in the console leather. The dealer was aware of it in Germany, but since they didn't have a service dept. there, they told me to have it looked at once we were Stateside. I kept the email showing that it was there when we picked the car up, so hopefully it won't be a hassle!

All minor, except the BIGGIE!! I have little tiny rust-colored dots all over my car??! The guy at the carwash told me that I needed to have my car clayed...but it's only 6 months old!! Apparently it's quite common if you live by the ocean. But none of our other cars have ever done this. I'll try to wait for the verdict before I get really upset, but it's still bothering me!

I'm considering buying the Audicare. Looks like we'll be staying in CA for a few more years, so it will probably pay for itself...
Old 11-05-2011, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Let me know how your Hohn experience goes. When its time for mine I'm considering making the drive up north as well.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tosten
Let me know how your Hohn experience goes. When its time for mine I'm considering making the drive up north as well.
Will do! Have you used any other SD service? I haven't heard a lot of positive things about Miramar Audi...and thus way I can stop by the Outlet Mall in Carlsbad!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Claying just shears off the particle but still leaves the contaminants in your paint.You need this...http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-cleaner.html
Old 11-06-2011, 04:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the seat rattle and tape didn't fix it. They had to order a new seat frame from Germany and replace the back seat. No more rattles!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Haven't picked my car yet. I'm purchasing out of state. Like you didn't hear great things about miramar. Carlsbad is out of the way, but I'd rather deal with a good service department and they'll give me a loaner even though I'm not buying from them.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dreamaudi
I have little tiny rust-colored dots all over my car??! The guy at the carwash told me that I needed to have my car clayed...but it's only 6 months old!! Apparently it's quite common if you live by the ocean. But none of our other cars have ever done this. I'll try to wait for the verdict before I get really upset, but it's still bothering me!
I had a similar issue when my ibis white Q5 showed up to the dealer. Since these cars are transported on both trains and the back of car-transport trucks, the rust spots are likely just contaminants off of the rusting train/truck transferred when it rained. In my experience a proper claying of the car solved this issue. It took a little elbow grease but it all came off. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by abacon09
I had a similar issue when my ibis white Q5 showed up to the dealer. Since these cars are transported on both trains and the back of car-transport trucks, the rust spots are likely just contaminants off of the rusting train/truck transferred when it rained. In my experience a proper claying of the car solved this issue. It took a little elbow grease but it all came off. Good luck.
How is this possible. When new cars show up at my dealer they are completely covered in a white wrap.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

From what I heard they are transported by rail from the factory and wrapped at port.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

ahh. I didn't think about the other side of the pond.

Quick Reply: First Service (5K) coming up on Tuesday...some issues!