Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Former Subaru Owner turned Audi Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Former Subaru Owner turned Audi Owner

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rudy I live in the North East USA; Philadelphia PA to be exact.

I've been an avid Subaru owner for the last 10years, after 3 Imprezas I was very disappointed in the latest version. I figure it was my time to move on to newer horizons.

Welcome home Q5! I'm overly impressed with this car. For its size if feels just like my last Subaru (04' Wrx), and now that I have a 5th door I can load more of my junk in the trunk with ease.

I picked her up last Saturday, 2011 Q5 Prestige S-Line, Navi and BNO.

Are there any Audi meets in this area? I hope the community is welcoming like the Subaru crowd.

Rudy Diaz
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome and glad to hear you like the new Q5!

We still have an'04 Subaru WRX that was passed down to my older son and now my youngest son is driving it. It's been a great car with some modifications that have made it an even better car.

I think you'll enjoy the "newer horizons."
Old 11-15-2010, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by deznuts05
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rudy I live in the North East USA; Philadelphia PA to be exact.

I've been an avid Subaru owner for the last 10years, after 3 Imprezas I was very disappointed in the latest version. I figure it was my time to move on to newer horizons.

Welcome home Q5! I'm overly impressed with this car. For its size if feels just like my last Subaru (04' Wrx), and now that I have a 5th door I can load more of my junk in the trunk with ease.

I picked her up last Saturday, 2011 Q5 Prestige S-Line, Navi and BNO.

Are there any Audi meets in this area? I hope the community is welcoming like the Subaru crowd.

Rudy Diaz
Welcome Rudy and Congrats on your new Q! Whats funny is that I was actually thinking about getting the new Subaru Impreza for my wife but maybe from your post above, I might re-consider and get A4 instead I am a new AudI owner myself and was wondering the same about the meets but not sure if there is one?

BTW please post pics if you have them!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Another welcome to ya Rudy, you've made the right choice on the Q5. We are also owners of an Impreza that we passed down to our daughter, great car but not even in the same class as the Audi IMHO. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

deznuts05, congrats. Build quality and material are like day and night between Audi and Subrau. Although Subrau have come a long way since I was in college, it is still consider by many as a entry level car.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Rudy,
Even from a Q5 perspective, that is quite a Q5 you got. You must feel like you've died and gone to heaven!

Welcome.
Jeff
Old 11-15-2010, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Yes it is a bread of it's own. Next plan of attack would be either some ski trip or a nice long trip in the car somewhere twisty; perhaps the Dragon in SC.

Rudy
Old 11-16-2010, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

My wife recently traded in her '99 Ouback for an '11 S Line in Meteor Gray. Test drove the '11 Outback and it just didn't have any sportiness to it.

I have an '04 Forester XT and my daughter has an '00 RS. Check the Tri-State forum for meets. There aren't many in comparison to the Subaru world. There was recently a big event at Englishtown in NJ but I didn't go.

-Dennis
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Meant to say the NY/NJ/CT and may Mid-Atlantic forums. We can't edit posts here???

Quick Reply: Former Subaru Owner turned Audi Owner