Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

good news and bad news with my brand new Q5

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi1177777
Lol you are so right, gets damage sooner or later but I don't see why you would keep the car in the garage and not drive it... I care about the car but not to that point where I don't drive it because it gets damage. To me that's weird.
Well of course, no one buys a car to never drive it. It was just a turn of a phrase.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Wait until you get your first door ding, wheel rash, paint scratch, spilled drink or bumper gouge - you will probably freak out. The second one will make you very angry. The third will cause you to curse and shake your head and with the fourth you will say, damn, there's another one - I'll get around to taking care of that eventually.

Unless you keep the car garaged and never drive it, there's no way to take a 4000 lb. car out on public streets and completely avoid these things. Sadly, you will get bitten sooner or later. And likely more than once.
Exactly... that has already happened to me. Took my car to get it OptiCoated and on the way home on I 95, a truck thru up something from the road and smacked me on the hood. Two dents and paint chips... The car only had a couple hundred miles on it. The detailer and dent guy fixed it up pretty good though. Then the gouge on the bumper.. LOL.. Its just a car... sigh.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
Exactly... that has already happened to me. Took my car to get it OptiCoated and on the way home on I 95, a truck thru up something from the road and smacked me on the hood. Two dents and paint chips... The car only had a couple hundred miles on it. The detailer and dent guy fixed it up pretty good though. Then the gouge on the bumper.. LOL.. Its just a car... sigh.
It's kind of like getting married. The honeymoon in Hawaii is wonderful but after you get home the newlywed glow starts to wear off. Real life takes over and you discover the things about each other that annoy you both. As the years go by, those little things don't bother you so much anymore and eventually the blemishes are accepted as part of the deal (or not in some cases). Like a car, some couples will stay together and some will move on to other models.

I've been married for 37 years (to the same gal) and I have no idea how my wife has managed to ignore my multitude of blemishes. I have dings, dents, wheel rash and various mechanical problems. I don't always start in the morning and my tranny needs work. She, on the other hand, still works almost flawlessly and, other than some paint fade, she's like she just drove off the showroom floor. Needless to say, I came out better on the deal.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:36 PM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It's kind of like getting married. The honeymoon in Hawaii is wonderful but after you get home the newlywed glow starts to wear off. Real life takes over and you discover the things about each other that annoy you both. As the years go by, those little things don't bother you so much anymore and eventually the blemishes are accepted as part of the deal (or not in some cases). Like a car, some couples will stay together and some will move on to other models.

I've been married for 37 years (to the same gal) and I have no idea how my wife has managed to ignore my multitude of blemishes. I have dings, dents, wheel rash and various mechanical problems. I don't always start in the morning and my tranny needs work. She, on the other hand, still works almost flawlessly and, other than some paint fade, she's like she just drove off the showroom floor. Needless to say, I came out better on the deal.
WoW, that is just amazing man.

Congratulations to you both and greetings from Maui!!!!!!