Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Got the Q back after service & touch up paint!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the Q back after service & touch up paint!

Got my car back today after it's first Service!

They did some touch-up paint where I had a factory blemish...and it looks flawless. I'm glad I didn't decide to "live with it" as Service had suggested! It would have driven me crazy!

They replaced the top lid of the console because the leather had a weird nub on the top...which would have eventually snagged and torn.

Fixed my back seat rattle...which apparently was just the cargo cover after all, and not my seat?

They couldn't replicate my window whistle, but it did it on the way home...grrrrr! It's pretty minor, and if it keeps up, they can fix it next service!

Transmission update! AWESOME! Mine was more a little jumpy vs. jerky....but now it's sooo smooth!! Very pleased! I was really not expecting such a noticeable difference!

Customer service at Hoehn Audi in Carlsbad was awesome! I know that suggesting I live with the blemish came from a manager rather than the CSR I worked with...and she kept me updated every step of the way! Very professional, and I plan on giving her a thumbs up to the dealer! I'm pleased with my decision to drive out of my way to go to that specific Service Dept.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreamaudi
!

Transmission update! AWESOME!
Dreamer, which update would this be
Old 11-21-2011, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Got my car back today after it's first Service!

They did some touch-up paint where I had a factory blemish...and it looks flawless. I'm glad I didn't decide to "live with it" as Service had suggested! It would have driven me crazy!
Glad to hear it worked out well. I wasn't expecting them to just touch it up... unless you mean touch up as a figure of speech.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 4Rook
Glad to hear it worked out well. I wasn't expecting them to just touch it up... unless you mean touch up as a figure of speech.
Figure of speech...sorry! They repainted one whole fender!

I forgot to mention that on the way home, a Semi crossed lanes in front of me and kicked up a huge rock and chipped my windshield....sigh!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Dreamer, which update would this be
An update (computer) to address the jerky transmission issue that some people have been experiencing! I believe someone on the forum has the actual update number/code listed...

The shifting between the low gears were a little jumpy on mine, and now it's smooth as can be!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The shifting between the low gears were a little jumpy on mine, and now it's smooth as can be!

Got it, thanks. I think this update has been around for a while. I'm always hoping that they'll release a fix for the terrible lag when starting off and applying a soft throttle pedal.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got it, thanks. I think this update has been around for a while. I'm always hoping that they'll release a fix for the terrible lag when starting off and applying a soft throttle pedal.
I've never experienced the lag....until I drove the A4 loaner! I have to cross a busy 3-lane road by my house, and I got a little freaked out when it feels like the car has to take a huge breath before it takes off!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, you've really got to use an extra measure of caution in some settings with the 8 spd wunder-gearbox.

If I'm going into a situation where the car has to repsond immediately, I do two things: Sport mode and stab the throttle when I'm ready to roll.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, you've really got to use an extra measure of caution in some settings with the 8 spd wunder-gearbox.

If I'm going into a situation where the car has to repsond immediately, I do two things: Sport mode and stab the throttle when I'm ready to roll.
I don't experience that at all in my Q5 thank goodness, because I did NOT enjoy it in the A4 loaner.

It reminds me of the MPG discussion, where it seems as though we have all the same car...but they have completely unique varied personalities!?

I wonder if it's like dogs...where they take on the quirks of their owners!