Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

How many miles were on your Q5/SQ5 that you ordered when you took delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7 miles on our 2013 at delivery in Feb 13.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

10 on my 2014 Q5 delivered on August 21st.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts
Default See my post above on ED miles

The BMW less than zero idea sounds either like internet fiction or a violation of odometer regulations for manufacturers.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
The BMW less than zero idea sounds either like internet fiction or a violation of odometer regulations for manufacturers.
It sounds like a post on the A6 forum where it was reported a salesperson told him that Audi has a 25 mph speed limiter applied for in-transit shipping. Never heard of that one either.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

9 miles
Old 09-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Arrrgh!!!!!

Oh.... this one made me furious....

The car arrived off the truck with 7 miles... I inspected it while still wrapped.

My purchase order said in giant letters: NOBODY DRIVES THE VEHICLE!!! This was to include the Pre-Delivery Inspection and filling the tank with my "free" gas.

The Sales MANAGER talked me into Tints and Clear Bra... he said that they do all of the install work right on site, and the car would only be driven from the holding lot to the bay (about 200 feet).

When I took delivery, the car had 25 miles on it!! Arrgh!!! I asked my Sales Advisor about this, and he said that I had approved driving the car across town to get the tints installed!!! "We always use this shop in [across town]". Still, I let it go....

Odometer disclosure is part of the final paperwork, and it said 25 miles... I mentioned to the Finance Manager that the car arrived with 7 miles and I really wasn't happy that it had been driven 18 miles. He said, and I quote... "Well, we always let the lot boys take the new cars drag racing at night! Ha Ha!!!"

I'm still super upset about this, and if Audi of America ever sees fit to call or send a survey, I'm going to blast the dealer for it....
Old 09-17-2013, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cobalt Rain

The car arrived off the truck with 7 miles... I inspected it while still wrapped.

My purchase order said in giant letters: NOBODY DRIVES THE VEHICLE!!! This was to include the Pre-Delivery Inspection and filling the tank with my "free" gas.

The Sales MANAGER talked me into Tints and Clear Bra... he said that they do all of the install work right on site, and the car would only be driven from the holding lot to the bay (about 200 feet).

When I took delivery, the car had 25 miles on it!! Arrgh!!! I asked my Sales Advisor about this, and he said that I had approved driving the car across town to get the tints installed!!! "We always use this shop in [across town]". Still, I let it go....

Odometer disclosure is part of the final paperwork, and it said 25 miles... I mentioned to the Finance Manager that the car arrived with 7 miles and I really wasn't happy that it had been driven 18 miles. He said, and I quote... "Well, we always let the lot boys take the new cars drag racing at night! Ha Ha!!!"

I'm still super upset about this, and if Audi of America ever sees fit to call or send a survey, I'm going to blast the dealer for it....
That is totally unexceptable. I would talk with the sales manager, and make it clear that you will not do business with them in the future if this kind of practice continues.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I took delivery in March 2013 in Denver, Colorado. It had 4 miles on the odo, and that included the clear nose/front mask.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cobalt Rain

Which dealer was this? I see no reason for you to be loyal to them.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The one I didn't accept (had the wrong wood inside) had 70 or so miles. The one I took home had 23 miles. It was brought in from another dealership, which I assume accounted for the mileage.

Quick Reply: How many miles were on your Q5/SQ5 that you ordered when you took delivery?