Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

How many of you are expecting your Q5 to show up in late Sep/early Oct?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aboveliquidice
I was told just today that my ordered Q5 would take 216 days to get from date of order. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
7-8 months seems a tad looong. From what I have gathered, it's usually closer to like 90 days. You should ask the dealer why so long.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Almost all of the reported wait dates have been around 90 - 110 days. There is going to be some variance depending upon where you are located, as it takes an additional 12+ days to get to San Diego as compared to, say, the southern U.S. The Pacific NW takes a couple of days more.

Keep in mind that when your dealer orders the vehicle, the order first goes to Audi USA and then to Germany after AoA has processed it. When we placed our order on 7/11, it did not go into the manufacturing order system (in Germany) until 10 days later. The production order was not released to manufacturing for another 11 days and not released to production for another 18 days. The time between RTP and final inspection was 12 days. You ERP fans know how this works! :-).

Keep in mind that the dealer will give you a longer time estimate to make sure expectations are correct (if it takes as long as they say, they are right; if it takes less time, they are wonderful!). But 7-8 months sounds like you're waiting for a 2013 model....

Meanwhile, our new baby is on a 27 day cruise somewhere in the Atlantic with a trip through the Panama Canal coming up.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

by the waaaaaaaay

http://www.blg.de/en/blg-logistics/s...am-automobile/

That's my baby on the right. In Bremerhaven right now!!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do Audis get loaded at Bremerhaven or Emden or at both location?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi uses both ports. The ports are relatively close together up on the coast. Bremerhaven is larger and has more capacity though the aerials look like Emden has a very large VW facility right next to the RORO terminal.

Last edited by g8tor20; 09-16-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by allenrbeck
Almost all of the reported wait dates have been around 90 - 110 days. There is going to be some variance depending upon where you are located, as it takes an additional 12+ days to get to San Diego as compared to, say, the southern U.S. The Pacific NW takes a couple of days more.

Keep in mind that when your dealer orders the vehicle, the order first goes to Audi USA and then to Germany after AoA has processed it. When we placed our order on 7/11, it did not go into the manufacturing order system (in Germany) until 10 days later. The production order was not released to manufacturing for another 11 days and not released to production for another 18 days. The time between RTP and final inspection was 12 days. You ERP fans know how this works! :-).

Keep in mind that the dealer will give you a longer time estimate to make sure expectations are correct (if it takes as long as they say, they are right; if it takes less time, they are wonderful!). But 7-8 months sounds like you're waiting for a 2013 model....

Meanwhile, our new baby is on a 27 day cruise somewhere in the Atlantic with a trip through the Panama Canal coming up.
I'll be picking it up in February, in Germany. Without a boat ride, you would think the wait would be reduced. Interesting that no one here has heard this. I wonder where this is coming from.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone in west coast got a call from their dealer this morning??? Istra Ace touched San Diego yesterday and I'm hoping it offloaded a bunch of Audis...
Old 09-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I heard from my salesman today -- estimated arrival in Port of Houston on October 6.

Order was initially placed on August 15, so about 53 days. Seems pretty quick!

I didn't get a hit for the VIN on the W&W site. But a Mitsui ship, the "Cougar Ace," leaves from Emden on Wednesday with a stopover in Rhode Island before arriving in Houston on October 4. This is close to the dealer's October 6 date.

I wonder how many days the car will need to sit at the port before it will be released to the dealer? It's a distance of less than 10 miles.

Last edited by woolie; 09-19-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Surprised I had to crop my own photo and resize to upload. Very 2001. Anyway, pretty soon my Q5 will be sitting in this big parking lot. There is a huge bridge just adjacent to the right -- I anticipate I will be going across it a few times in that time frame to see if the boat is there
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wish I was able to get the kind of information you guys seem to be able to get from your dealers. All I've been able to get was that it's scheduled for dealer delivery the week of Sept 26th. (Which is one week from today!)
Anyways, one of the things I liked about my salesman is how laid back he was but that has come back to bite me when I started asking him about production updates and VINs. Oh well, only a couple more days! Can't wait.

Quick Reply: How many of you are expecting your Q5 to show up in late Sep/early Oct?