Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Installed LED Front Audi Emblem...Really Rice or Kinda Nice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Installed LED Front Audi Emblem...Really Rice or Kinda Nice?

I saw this on ebay for $36 and decided why the hell not for funsies. Install took no time at all. Only crappy part is that the emblem isn't quite the right size for the Q5. I had to break off some of the tabs, and if you really look you can tell that it's a bit small for that space. This is actually my wife's car and she drives around completely oblivious lol
​​​​​

Last edited by ZThang; 03-18-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks OK to me. Must be an eye catcher at night.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZThang
I saw this on ebay for $15 and decided why the hell not for funsies. Install took no time at all. Only crappy part is that the emblem isn't quite the right size for the Q5. I had to break off some of the tabs, and if you really look you can tell that it's a bit small for that space. This is actually my wife's car and she drives around completely oblivious lol
​​​​​

I like it! I've considered getting one myself but wasn't sure if it was great quality. Is the quality good? Is it plastic? Does it look chrome when it's turned off or does it look like white or clear plastic? If you could provide the link of who you bought it from that would be great. Hummm...I wonder if this will void the warranty if something in your car electronically failed? Regardless it looks NICE and not RICE! Lol
Old 03-17-2018, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sundiego1
I like it! I've considered getting one myself but wasn't sure if it was great quality. Is the quality good? Is it plastic? Does it look chrome when it's turned off or does it look like white or clear plastic? If you could provide the link of who you bought it from that would be great. Hummm...I wonder if this will void the warranty if something in your car electronically failed? Regardless it looks NICE and not RICE! Lol
Here's the ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Illuminated-Front-Grill-Emblem-White-Light-Badge-For-Audi-A1-A3-A4-A5-SQ7-S5/192253550944?fits=Make%3AAudi&hash=item2cc3346160: gMYAAOSwcuZaZWI3&vxp=mtr

I have it attached to a switch so it can be turned on and off whenever. At night it's noticeable but not over the top. It's about half as bright as the headlights.

When it's off it looks similar to the normal emblem but maybe a bit more translucent. Think of clear plastic with a thin layer of the material mirrors are made of on it.
Here's a picture:

Last edited by ZThang; 03-18-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by ZThang
My mistake, I just rechecked the ebay listing. It was actually $36. Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Illuminated-Front-Grill-Emblem-White-Light-Badge-For-Audi-A1-A3-A4-A5-SQ7-S5/192253550944?fits=Make%3AAudi&hash=item2cc3346160: gMYAAOSwcuZaZWI3&vxp=mtr

I have it attached to a switch so it can be turned on and off whenever. At night it's noticeable but not over the top. It's about half as bright as the headlights.

When it's off it looks similar to the normal emblem but maybe a bit more translucent. Think of clear plastic with a thin layer of the material mirrors are made of on it.
Here's a picture:
Thanks for the link and close up pics. Anyone know of a place where I can get it installed in San Diego or Los Angeles? I don't want to try installing it myself.
The following users liked this post:
LanceL218 (07-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2018, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rice.
a 100 pound bag of it.

The following users liked this post:
CFLQTRO (07-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2018, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SlingshotSQ5
Rice.
a 100 pound bag of it.

the Mercedes has the same type of lighted emblem on the newer models.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the Mercedes has the same type of lighted emblem on the newer models.
It looks terrible.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2018 Q5 and have purchased a similar logo for my grille. I have not been able to find any documentation on how to connect the wiring though as I have the LED Headlights. There is no common plug that I see for the electrical that I can splice on to. Any assistance would be appreciated for helping me get this installed onto the correct wiring harness. I'm trying to hook it to my left headlight, but cannot find a plug to splice the wires into:

Where can I splice a hot and a ground wire? Driver Side Headlight assembly.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Where in San Diego or Los Angeles for install?

Thanks for the link and close up pics. Anyone know of a place where I can get it installed in San Diego or Los Angeles? I don't want to try installing it myself.
Anyone know of a place for the Audi lighted emblem install for San Diego or Los Angeles?

Quick Reply: Installed LED Front Audi Emblem...Really Rice or Kinda Nice?