Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Interior Color Recommendation - with kids

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Color Recommendation - with kids

I'm very excited about ordering my first Audi - a Q5. I was originally thinking deep sea blue with the cardamom beige interior, but I have read that they are hard to keep clean. I have two young children - a 5 year old and a 1 year old (plus a dog). Should I switch to a black interior? I'm so torn!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

With 2 young children you will be way too busy to keep the beige clean,,,go with Black, its bulletproof!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think that’s a rhetorical question Two toddlers and a dog will destroy that beige interior before your first oil change
Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by juliebga
Should I switch to a black interior? I'm so torn!
Ya gotta go with AC/DC’s “Back in Black”, or The Stones’ “Paint it Black”, or take it from The Man in Black…Go with Black !
Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default grey

We got grey interior like our last car. Not much shows up. As in prior cars we paid for the Simoniz which helped to clean up the messes that were created.

Every major service (30k) we get the cars detailed to help the interior continue to look new. (also, it feels like a new car)
Old 02-23-2010, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i hate the creases and crevices in the audi leather...its a great material but it holds dirt.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by juliebga
I'm very excited about ordering my first Audi - a Q5. I was originally thinking deep sea blue with the cardamom beige interior, but I have read that they are hard to keep clean. I have two young children - a 5 year old and a 1 year old (plus a dog). Should I switch to a black interior? I'm so torn!
Ok Julie, maybe this little story will help you to decide on your interior colour.

We had a new 2004 Ford Focus for four years just prior to our Audi A4 that was used mostly by my wife for her daily commute to work. It had a beige interior, although the pic of it below gives the impression it is almost white, but it is fairly close to the cardamom beige you want. Our three kids were young adults at that time and had their own cars, so it was mainly my wife who drove it and me on week-ends.

Well, the seats didn’t take long to get dirty and the same thing with the center armrest, the interior door handles and their armrest. It took time to keep them clean, and cleaning intervals began to get longer and longer in-between cleanings. My wife hated the colour just based on this.

So, when it came time for the Audi, her only stipulation insofar as the interior was concerned, it had to be black. Personally I would have chosen a dark blue exterior with the tan leather seating. I just love the rich look it provided. We ended up with a Quartz Grey and black interior and love it. After 38 years she’s still in the driver’s seat .

Name:  2004FordFocus-Interior2.jpg
Views: 3075
Size:  43.4 KB
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Same situation we are in and we went with Black. No regrets what so ever. Extemely rich looking and is easier to keep clean. A 5 year old and a 1 year old. If they are anything like my nephew they love to play on the ground which means..... dirt..... I'd imagine they are not having a complete scrubdown before getting into the car every time? If not, go with black. My sisters Ford has the same interior as Old Dog shows and after a few trips with her kids, the seats are in need of a good deep clean. Dirty hand prints from her 4 year old boy are the hardest to get out, especially in the summer when he's been on his hands and knees in the dirt/ asphault. I know becuase I usually clean it.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

non black interior's look soo much nicer IMO. you just have to do more to keep them clean.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about cinnamon? With the exception of the seats, the whole interior is black (no fingerprints!), but you get a nice rich look with the seat color.

Not that I'm biased in any way... .

Quick Reply: Interior Color Recommendation - with kids