Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Launch date of Q5 2017 model

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Launch date of Q5 2017 model

Was about to book audi Q5 2016 in march, but after looking at new Audi A4 and Q7 interior , i want to go for Q5 having same interior if coming in 2017 model.
At what time usually audi release its next year model in market and delivery time approx ?
Old 02-20-2016, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

new interior :
http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/mida...a4-preview.jpg

http://fourtitude.com/wp-content/upl...Audi-Q7-81.jpg

and

https://s7d4.scene7.com/is/content/A...opmp4_720p.mp4
Old 02-20-2016, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks great.
Is it confirmed that the 2017 Q5 will have a similar interior as the current Q7, or are we just hoping?
Old 02-20-2016, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Chances are the new Q5 will have a similar interior to the new A4. That was the case with the current generation. These vehicles share technology on the B8 platform, and I would expect would share on the B9 platform.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 228 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Looks great.
Is it confirmed that the 2017 Q5 will have a similar interior as the current Q7, or are we just hoping?
You guys are looking at the eye candy!

Do you really want to buy a new generation Q5 built at a completely new plant with new workers? Also using unproven north American
supplied parts (new supply chain). Plus now they are saying that it comes with the new electronic controlled Quattro (clutch packs, selenoids, etc.)
Also I hear the 8 speed tiptronic trans is being replaced by the 7 speed S-tronic (known for not having smooth pullouts), plus requires an approximately
$800 trans fluid change every 30-35K miles. Too many variables being changed all at once. One other thing that is mentioned in the latest VW production road plan that the new 2.0T north American engine will have a plastic oil pan....OUCH!

The Mexico Q5 may just be great, even stellar, right out of the box.............just a gamble.

VW/Audi have recently asked parts suppliers to drastically reduce costs (quality reduction?), to help pay for dieselgate...........

Major parts supplier cuts 2016 sales forecast on VW cost pressure

Last edited by Bob Petruska; 02-21-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No way, Jose'. Bob pointed out the major reasons for me not to replace my 2014 with that forthcoming Q5 model.
After the dust settles with the TDI issue (yawn) I may not be owning another VAG product.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I will look at a new Q5 in 2018 after the Mexican plant has had a year to settle down. Not keen on a slip'n'grip Quattro but I would much prefer a DSG type transmission over the (very good ) slushbox and I understand why it requires fluid changes. Don't care about the material of the oil pan but the newer 272 bhp 2.0T would be nice.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Petruska
You guys are looking at the eye candy!

Do you really want to buy a new generation Q5 built at a completely new plant with new workers? Also using unproven north American
supplied parts (new supply chain). Plus now they are saying that it comes with the new electronic controlled Quattro (clutch packs, selenoids, etc.)
Also I hear the 8 speed tiptronic trans is being replaced by the 7 speed S-tronic (known for not having smooth pullouts), plus requires an approximately
$800 trans fluid change every 30-35K miles. Too many variables being changed all at once. One other thing that is mentioned in the latest VW production road plan that the new 2.0T north American engine
will have a plastic oil pan....OUCH!

The Mexico Q5 may just be great, even stellar, right out of the box.............just a gamble.

VW/Audi have recently asked parts suppliers to drastically reduce costs (quality reduction?), to help pay for dieselgate...........

Major parts supplier cuts 2016 sales forecast on VW cost pressure
Bob,

Yes, eye candy is right and I believe I motioned in another thread that the new Mexico plant for the Q5 would be enough to hold off on the new model and if I didn't mention it, I will be holding off or more likely giving the X3, GLC or maybe a more "basic" Macan a look at.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

With no announcement yet, expect the new Q5 to be a 2018 model year. Audi doesn't want to steal the thunder from the new Q7 or A4 launch. With the popularity of the Q5, this would eat into the sales of their two newly refreshed models.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 228 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Bob,

Yes, eye candy is right and I believe I motioned in another thread that the new Mexico plant for the Q5 would be enough to hold off on the new model and if I didn't mention it, I will be holding off or more likely giving the X3, GLC or maybe a more "basic" Macan a look at.
My cousin just bought the Macan and it was near $100K. It's a nice vehicle but lacks interior space, the air suspension feels very floaty. The SQ5 would have a slightly win over it unless you definitely need Porsche handling.

Quick Reply: Launch date of Q5 2017 model