Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Looking to purchase real soon.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase real soon.

Visited an Audi dealership here in the bay area last week to get an idea of how much I'll be paying for Q5 Premium Plus 2.0 4 cylinder with Technology package and Bang & Olsen sound system. I believe with the current promotion, he said around 46 or 47k. How much do you think I can make him budge? And what tactics to use?
Old 12-23-2014, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

assuming what you list is all you are getting…you are getting quoted MSRP..$46,650 without any metallic paint, tax, delivery, etc…being in the bay area there should be multiple Audi dealers to play against each other (I did so in Portland with 2 dealers)….you should be able to get 6% off MSRP which is basically 'invoice'..but dealers don't pay 'invoice' for cars…they get off invoice discounts…so even at 'invoice' they make good profit..
Old 12-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sir that is with the paint and delivery fee . The mythos black metallic. That was the price he gave before taxes and fees of course. After that I believe he said about 50 or 51k something. Should I email the other dealership before going? And just tell them what I'm priced at for the dealership I have already went to?
Originally Posted by SJGQ5
assuming what you list is all you are getting…you are getting quoted MSRP..$46,650 without any metallic paint, tax, delivery, etc…being in the bay area there should be multiple Audi dealers to play against each other (I did so in Portland with 2 dealers)….you should be able to get 6% off MSRP which is basically 'invoice'..but dealers don't pay 'invoice' for cars…they get off invoice discounts…so even at 'invoice' they make good profit..
Old 12-23-2014, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by supaxsikh
Sir that is with the paint and delivery fee . The mythos black metallic. That was the price he gave before taxes and fees of course. After that I believe he said about 50 or 51k something. Should I email the other dealership before going? And just tell them what I'm priced at for the dealership I have already went to?
Do your build on line at the Audi USA website to get MSRP then take about 7% off to get to a realistic before delivery and tax amount (can't do anything about those ones). For sure play the dealers against each other…why not? Same car…better price…service can be done at any dealer..

My Q5 TDI is on order..I got a quote from the 'closest' dealer..then emailed the second one and let them know I was also negotiating with the first one..guess what???? Got a better price from the second guy.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

When I bought my 2014 model a year ago no SF Bay Area dealer would deal. The ones that even got back to me quoted me MSRP. I had to look outside the Bay Area to find a dealer willing to talk dollars and cents...
Old 12-23-2014, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

good luck. try a central/socal dealer:
Paul Bodnar
Sales & Leasing Consultant
Santa Barbara Auto Group
(805) 682-2000
Cell: (805) 455-3236
Old 12-23-2014, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts
Default Specific to SF Bay Area.

First, not sure I buy some of the price ideas in here, and SF area is a hotter market in general, and with tons of money floating around.

What you should have done ideally is join Audi Club of North America. But you have to do that 6 months ahead; then there is a 6% discount in place for most vehicles without all the dickering fuss. You could also do Euro delivery for 5% off pre set too, but of course that has to tie into a desire to do that sort of thing and then wait a couple more months until car gets here--like 6 months from when you say "go" and start the process until you do the trip and then the car later gets here.

Locally, my experience is: 1. forget Carlsen. They skim the market, and lots of sheep to be shorn of lots of money. 2. Rector doesn't have a lot of inventory compared to some, though of course if they have the right car, can try. 3. Some say SF, but too far for me and in the past I have gotten little to no follow up or vibes from them they were deep in the game. 4. Livermore, Concord, Marin, etc. are out of range for me unless desperate. 5. And meanwhile, to the punchline, focus on Stevens Creek/San Jose Audi. Highest volume in area these days. Send in an internet request for a quote for exactly what you want, and see what comes back. Internet inquires should come back through their fleet side. How I ended up there and bought (Euro delivery) in Spring 2013, after: Carlsen played games (second time w/ games for me; bought my first new Audi there in 1985, but they misfired on two in-demand later ones looking for top dollar with kind of amateur tactics at the manager level, even though I was a cash buyer w/ no trade in headaches); Rector couldn't really get in the game and didn't seem to have the product/allocation, even though I bought from them twice previously.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 12-23-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does your company offer any discounts with Audi? Are you a Costco member? My brother and his fiance recently bought a Q5 2.0 from Royal Motors and was able to use her company's discount. I would definitely do the internet route and send out what you're looking for and see who's willing to deal. A recent Bay Area purchaser had a good experience with the Livermore dealership and I'm not sure what the Sacramento Niello dealership is like but it all depends on which dealership wants your business and how you feel when dealing with them. I bought my 2014 CPO Q5 3.0 TDI from Royal Motors in SF a month ago and am still dealing with their financing area so I dont feel like i've had the best experience with the finance area but the sales group really didnt budge on the CPO pricing since they are so hard to come by and this one had very low mileage. I saw that Niello just posted a 2014 CPO Q5 diesel with about 500 miles less for about a $1000 less than what I paid but it is what it is. When I go to purchase my next Audi, I'll definitely be shopping around.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

good luck ...
socal has the best inventory and easiest pricing.

costco does not have a deal with audi.

i lucked out with m. burns in oakland a few days ago- courteous and professional. concord was unwilling to deal, and livermore played games (just come on down ...).

ymmv,
ferenc
ps it's a 'courtship' game - don't be afraid to walk away ... better they come after you ...
Old 12-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for all your imput. I'm in San Jose. So I've contacted Palo Alto dealership and they said they'd honor 5% off MSRP if I purchase before the end of the year. I think I'll shooT back at Stevens Creek Audi with that and hopefully beat it. If I can get 6%, I think I'll go for it since I don't believe they won't do much further. I'll get back to you all before the end of the week.

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase real soon.