Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Looking for Security Access Code for VCDS/VAGCOM Module 55 - Headlight Range

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Security Access Code for VCDS/VAGCOM Module 55 - Headlight Range

Just like the title says. I'm using VCDS 15.7.4 and the recommended security access code, 61378, does not work on my 2011 Q5 with Xenon Plus installed. Anyone have a clue?
Old 07-28-2016, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Try number 02000 or 20113

What are you trying to do ??
Old 07-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. Will give that a try.

I'm actually not trying to do anything really except figure out what went wrong. Basically, I was in VCDS last night working on a few other basic/safe tweaks (aka - well-documented ones) and I opened the 55-Headlight Range module then 07-Coding. I did not change anything at all but upon exiting I got the yellow warning in the DIS of "Headlight Range Control Defective". I attempted to clear the DTCs but the warning came back. Eventually I found this procedure on the Ross-Tech site and the lights "relearned" their position:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ol_(Xenon_Plus)

I was then able to clear the codes and the warning is gone. The issue that I have is that upon startup, the lights no longer auto-level. They illuminate and stay put. I figure there's got to be a way to reset the system but I suspect I need the Security Access number to do so.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 228 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by q5amilehigh

I'm actually not trying to do anything really except figure out what went wrong. Basically, I was in VCDS last night working on a few other basic/safe tweaks (aka - well-documented ones) and I opened the 55-Headlight Range module then 07-Coding. I did not change anything at all but upon exiting I got the yellow warning in the DIS of "Headlight Range Control Defective". I attempted to clear the DTCs but the warning came back. Eventually I found this procedure on the Ross-Tech site and the lights "relearned" their position:

I was then able to clear the codes and the warning is gone. The issue that I have is that upon startup, the lights no longer auto-level. They illuminate and stay put. I figure there's got to be a way to reset the system but I suspect I need the Security Access number to do so.
Turn the lights on first, then start the car. This has been used to get the auto leveling functioning again on past Audi vehicles.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bob Petruska
Turn the lights on first, then start the car. This has been used to get the auto leveling functioning again on past Audi vehicles.
The access codes above didn't work but I what you suggested did. I did see the lights re-position after starting the car again.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

The access codes above didn't work but I what you suggested did. I did see the lights re-position after starting the car again.
Try this:

Make sure you're on a level surface.
55 - Xenon Range
Go to Basic Settings - 04
Then in the drop down list, select the adaptation/adjustment option
Then click the ON/OFF/NEXT button.
You need to wait 20-30 seconds
Close controller and you're done.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:09 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Accessing the 55-Module's coding and then exiting out should not cause an error. It sounds as if something in coding may have been mistakenly changed without you realizing it. I would go into your vcds debug folder and open up codinglog.txt. It will tell you if any coding was changed on that module. If you see any line items there pertaining to module 55, go back and reverse those changes.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 228 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrclopec
Accessing the 55-Module's coding and then exiting out should not cause an error. It sounds as if something in coding may have been mistakenly changed without you realizing it. I would go into your vcds debug folder and open up codinglog.txt. It will tell you if any coding was changed on that module. If you see any line items there pertaining to module 55, go back and reverse those changes.
The OP fixed the problem. All you need to do is turn on the headlights before you start the car, then start the engine. I will reset the auto leveling function back to normal. This fix has been around since the auto leveling function came out on Audi vehicles a decade or two ago.

No need for VCDS...........

Last edited by Bob Petruska; 07-30-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,

Does any one know the security cose at all. I have search every where doesn’t seen any one know it
Old 12-18-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but do all models have self-leveling headlights?
I've got a '14 SQ5, but I don't know if it has that feature!
Jason
New York

Quick Reply: Looking for Security Access Code for VCDS/VAGCOM Module 55 - Headlight Range