Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My Android Headunit installed in my 2014 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by oneMadRssn
Thanks! So when you press the hard button "Radio" on the dash, the RSNAV opens up the Audi MMI app and displays the radio screen?
Yes.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MurrayA4
Hey Dennis any chance you can grab a screen shot of Waze in action.That might well push me to make the leap.Do you stream music from Google or Apple and does it work well ? I use GooglePlay through Bluetooth on my MMI 3G and it is flawless and sounds pretty good.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

Thank you sir.Looks pretty slick.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hoping a couple of you might be able to help me out, seems like Daniel might be behind on emails with how busy he is.

I installed the 10.25" unit a couple weekends ago.. The product itself is awesome, but functionality has been a work in progress.

Couple issues going on with my 2016 SQ5 w/ 3G MMI High Plus and B&O:
  1. The wiring harness supplied with my unit did not have the 3.5mm audio jack to connect between the unit/noise isolator/MMI. It looks like there is only the fuse box and no noise isolator at all. Website currently lists "HW 3.0 - Integrated Noise Suppressor," related? Right now audio is only working through the factory Audi bluetooth. I'm trying to figure out if I wired it incorrectly, was supplied the wrong wiring harness, or if I need to use the hidden menu to enable AUX? I don't currently have a VCDS so I'm trying to troubleshoot before purchasing one. Fortunately the car hasn't shown any error codes at all.
  2. The unit is extremely inconsistent turning on. Sometimes it will fire right up, sometimes it will never come on, sometimes it will randomly turn on after driving around for 30 minutes. Is this the sign of a loose connection? I haven't updated the software version yet. I've started to manually reset the unit using it's hard reset button and it turns on right away each time. Not an ideal workaround long-term.
  3. Has it been communicated which S/N's identify HW 3.0 boards? I purchased when HW 3.0 was finally listed on their website, but wanted to make sure before doing any software updates.
  4. Accidentally clicked the update software button within the Autoplay app for the Android Auto dongle option. Now it crashes every time. Is there a way to revert back to the original app? Maybe a software update will fix this as well?
Not an Audizine member, so hopefully can get some answers here first. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-06-2019, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jmick21
Hoping a couple of you might be able to help me out, seems like Daniel might be behind on emails with how busy he is.

I installed the 10.25" unit a couple weekends ago.. The product itself is awesome, but functionality has been a work in progress.

Couple issues going on with my 2016 SQ5 w/ 3G MMI High Plus and B&O:
  1. The wiring harness supplied with my unit did not have the 3.5mm audio jack to connect between the unit/noise isolator/MMI. It looks like there is only the fuse box and no noise isolator at all. Website currently lists "HW 3.0 - Integrated Noise Suppressor," related? Right now audio is only working through the factory Audi bluetooth. I'm trying to figure out if I wired it incorrectly, was supplied the wrong wiring harness, or if I need to use the hidden menu to enable AUX? I don't currently have a VCDS so I'm trying to troubleshoot before purchasing one. Fortunately the car hasn't shown any error codes at all.
  2. The unit is extremely inconsistent turning on. Sometimes it will fire right up, sometimes it will never come on, sometimes it will randomly turn on after driving around for 30 minutes. Is this the sign of a loose connection? I haven't updated the software version yet. I've started to manually reset the unit using it's hard reset button and it turns on right away each time. Not an ideal workaround long-term.
  3. Has it been communicated which S/N's identify HW 3.0 boards? I purchased when HW 3.0 was finally listed on their website, but wanted to make sure before doing any software updates.
  4. Accidentally clicked the update software button within the Autoplay app for the Android Auto dongle option. Now it crashes every time. Is there a way to revert back to the original app? Maybe a software update will fix this as well?
Not an Audizine member, so hopefully can get some answers here first. Thanks in advance!
I still have a Version 1 unit (8.8"). Sound like either you have wrong harness or version 3 has a different way to send audio. Did you activate the auxiliary port via the green menu. May or may not be necessary. Based on Version 1 having 1805 in serial #, Version 2 = 1806, I guess Version 3 = 1807?

Look here for firmwares. Help:Software Update - RSNAV

Looking at this diagram: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/19...99769222878596 do you have a audio out jack on back of RSNAV unit? Maybe you run that directly to the Audi MMI MP3 connector.

You should join Audizine as there are more users of RSNAV there. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
I still have a Version 1 unit (8.8"). Sound like either you have wrong harness or version 3 has a different way to send audio. Did you activate the auxiliary port via the green menu. May or may not be necessary. Based on Version 1 having 1805 in serial #, Version 2 = 1806, I guess Version 3 = 1807?

Look here for firmwares. Help:Software Update - RSNAV

Looking at this diagram: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/19...99769222878596 do you have a audio out jack on back of RSNAV unit? Maybe you run that directly to the Audi MMI MP3 connector.

You should join Audizine as there are more users of RSNAV there. Good luck.
Any videos showing how to update the US version of the 10.25"?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by billm0066
Any videos showing how to update the US version of the 10.25"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLm9...ature=youtu.be

This was on the RSNAV wiki help page. RSNAV
Old 03-08-2019, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

For those that have done updates is it easy to brick the device? Im technically inclined but mostly an apple guy. I would love to update but hate to risk ruining it.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis - thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I was think the same thing with HW versions, but I believe mine is HW 3.0 despite being '1806'. TBD.

Those issues have taken a back seat for now. Took it in for 35k service and didn't want them fiddling with things so I enabled the pattern lock. Now I can't get past the rsnav boot screen when it prompts for the pattern unlock. Thought I bricked the unit..

Edit an hour later: Just went to turn it on again and started right up without issues. Who knows.

Registered at audizine to hopefully figure these issues out.

Last edited by jmick21; 03-11-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone.
I have just purchased an 8.8 "Rsnav unit for my Q5 and before starting the installation I checked all the components in the package.
I didn't find the metal plate to install instead of the old display.

Is it normal that there isn't?
Perhaps because it does not serve in Q5?
I wouldn't want to take everything apart and realize something is missing ...
Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: My Android Headunit installed in my 2014 Q5