Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Navigation - Traffic gone

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation - Traffic gone

Has anyone else's navigation traffic gone off? I upgraded my Sirius so I could have streaming over the internet, and the traffic showed up great. Love that option, all of a sudden it went off and it doesn't show the "green" lines or any other road closures. Is this a Sirius thing or my navigation thing?
Old 09-11-2017, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Traffic is a separate subscription from Sirius. It is not part of the radio service. It costs less than $5 a month.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Traffic is a separate subscription from Sirius. It is not part of the radio service. It costs less than $5 a month.
It's google, right?
Old 09-11-2017, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by shokhead
It's google, right?
I don't believe it is related to Google traffic data, but Google and Sirius may use similar sources of the traffic data. Check out this web site for more information.

http://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmtraffic/marketcoverage
Old 09-11-2017, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As @DennisMitchell said, there is a separate SiriusXM Traffic subscription that comes with the car. For my 2015, it was a four year complimentary subscription. You should see the status for it if you log into your SiriusXM account online.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
I don't believe it is related to Google traffic data, but Google and Sirius may use similar sources of the traffic data. Check out this web site for more information.

SiriusXM Traffic
I think I meant this.

MMI system can be bundled with Audi Connect, the brand's data-connectivity package that delivers Google Earth maps to the GPS. For a monthly fee of under $40

Sirius, google, Audi Connect. I don't want to pay for any of it. lol
Old 09-11-2017, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Assuming the service isn't down momentarily, then they may have screwed up your account when you did the upgrade. The SiriusXM traffic subscription is included in the purchase of the car for the first 4-years. It's a complementary subscription.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riceboy22
As @DennisMitchell said, there is a separate SiriusXM Traffic subscription that comes with the car. For my 2015, it was a four year complimentary subscription. You should see the status for it if you log into your SiriusXM account online.
I just logged into my account and I see that I have All Access, but I don't see anything about SiriusXM Traffic. I do see that there is a separate sub for that. I am just curious why it showed up for 3 days then went off after I upgraded to All Access.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by Reecard
I just logged into my account and I see that I have All Access, but I don't see anything about SiriusXM Traffic. I do see that there is a separate sub for that. I am just curious why it showed up for 3 days then went off after I upgraded to All Access.
This confirms that somebody screwed up and dropped your complementary 4-year traffic subscription. Did you merge accounts by any chance? When I purchased my car, the dealership created a whole new Sirius account for me for the complementary subscriptions. I eventually merged that account with my existing account. Trial/complementary subscriptions can't be transferred to another account, but the rep I was working with turned it into a yearly renewable subscription and credited my account for the remainder of the complementary subscription. I actually came out ahead as they credited me more than I had left.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What year is your Q5? I thought I heard somewhere that they changed the free 4 year traffic subscription to only a year or two in the last couple years.

Quick Reply: Navigation - Traffic gone