Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Need help locating Front Parking Buzzer

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help locating Front Parking Buzzer

Hey guys, need some help.

I have a 2010 Q5 Prestige 3.2L.

About 2 weeks ago my Parking sensors all stopped and gave the multiple beeps when backing out.

I Vag-comed the car and it threw a error for the Front Parking Chime ground fault

Reading on the interwebs it appears that my front buzzer needs to be replaced.

I purchased the part, but I don't know the location.

If somebody could point to me as to where this is typically located for this model and year, I would appreciate it. Diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your help..
Old 05-04-2016, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

On the right side of the steering wheel, under the center console behind the keyhole

The following 2 users liked this post by spijun:
A665 (10-18-2019), Eng.shady (02-15-2023)
Old 05-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sijun thanks so much for the above diagrams. I was able to locate it. But the buzzer is behind the center console trim. I can't even get my screwdriver into that location b/c of the center console trim. Do you have any idea as to how to get to that buzzer. The center console trim wraps around the entire dash, not something I would want to attempt to try.

How do others seem to go to that chime???

I was thinking if I have to go through the center console electronics i.e. the A/C and stereo system?

Any advice??

And thanks again for the diagram.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Sorry can not help you, that's the only explanation that exists in the Service Manual
Old 10-18-2019, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnytyler24
Sijun thanks so much for the above diagrams. I was able to locate it. But the buzzer is behind the center console trim. I can't even get my screwdriver into that location b/c of the center console trim. Do you have any idea as to how to get to that buzzer. The center console trim wraps around the entire dash, not something I would want to attempt to try.

How do others seem to go to that chime???

I was thinking if I have to go through the center console electronics i.e. the A/C and stereo system?

Any advice??

And thanks again for the diagram.
for anyone that may have trouble in the future the screws don’t screw in. You can just pop them out with a screw driver. I just used double sided tape after I changed out the buzzer since the space is too small to reinsert the screws.
The following users liked this post:
A665 (10-18-2019)
Old 02-15-2023, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spijun
On the right side of the steering wheel, under the center console behind the keyhole

thanks a lot dear.. For helping already purchase it and replace after more offer finally found that the front all sensor be damaged at once get error for all front sensor so will change it after while
Old 03-19-2023, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watched a YouTube video about the same topic. The wire connector to the speaker can be disconnected once you pull out the MMI module and the climate control panel. This guy was going to use some double sided sticky tape + zip ties and mount the speaker behind the AC panel. I guess there is enough room, otherwise a lost the whole dash has to be removed.
Old 10-01-2023, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Slowjam
Watched a YouTube video about the same topic. The wire connector to the speaker can be disconnected once you pull out the MMI module and the climate control panel. This guy was going to use some double sided sticky tape + zip ties and mount the speaker behind the AC panel. I guess there is enough room, otherwise a lost the whole dash has to be removed.

Hi, i have just changed it without removing the whole dash, like it is shown in the service manual. Screws are plastic ones ( push in rivet type ), possible to unscrew using 25 bit and your fingers ( no screwdriver ). It is tricky, but definitely possible. Just be carefull not to loose/drop it, otherwise you wont be able to find it I pulled up the steering wheel in order to have more space and it worked great. After changing, you dont need to screw the screws back in, just push inside and it locks in. It was a 10$ fix, i cannot be happier
Old 10-01-2023, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks dear for reply.. But thanks god already change it and fix ground socket and then done work it's work finally