Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New 2013 2.0T Black with Sport Chestnut Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brushdaily
Quality pics
Echo that. Nice Ride, Congrats !
Old 03-01-2013, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Fill up

Early this week I got my first fill up. Though, not top tier, the closest "non-discount" gas station is a BP and I plan on sticking with their BP Ultimate @ 93. The trip computer and my own calculations came in right around 19 mpg on the Sunoco fuel provided by the dealer. I guess reasonable considering the first 312 miles in winter and the majority of miles on local roads. After I filled up, I reset all three of the computer banks for recording mpg and also reset the trip odometer.

The next morning I took a trip into the city where the majority of the miles were highway. I'd say 70/30 split highway/local. After I returned home I had 51 miles since filling up and the trip computer gave me 25.0 mpg. I'm hoping to see some improvement as I put more miles on and the weather gets warmer.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2.0T Performance

Originally Posted by 123Audi4me
When you get a chance, let us know how you like the performance of the 2.0T engine, especially when climbing a grade at 60+ mph. I be interested to know your actual overall MPG and miles per tank range also. I think I'm going to like the 2.0T when it arrives but I'm a little worried that I should have ordered the 3.0T or waited for the 3.0TDI. Thanks.
I've my Q5 for about 15 months now and it currently has 14.7k miles. I'm a pretty aggressive driver and never get under 23-24 mpg. By aggressive I mean I'm usually first away from the light, up to speed quickly and then the cruise goes on unless traffic is heavy. I just covered a road trip to the frozen north, over eight days at an average of 62.5 mph and 25.5 mpg. The first stint of 745 miles was covered at an average of 70 & 26 mpg, mostly interstate on cruise set at 80. I came to the Q5 from a Porsche Cayman S that I tracked and autox'd for 4 yrs. so, here the answer to the Q5 2.0T performance. It's no sprint car, not sports car wannabe. The handling is more than adequate as is its power. So, maybe an X3 is .5 sec faster to 60. You'll never notice.
Perhaps, most important is the fact that my car hasn't been in the shop one for anything since I bought it. It had the seat heaters adjusted and the sunroof replaced under recall (I has no issue). It is currently being scheduled for its first service (other than the complimentary oil change at 5k). On the whole, of the 37 different cars, trucks, SUVs I've owned, this, my first Audi, has proved to be one of if not the best. (Still miss my Cayman though.)
Old 03-02-2013, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Nice color combination and the wood trim looks much better in the newer models. Any chance of posting up a pic of the car from the front with the LED's on?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AQ5-VWTig
Nice color combination and the wood trim looks much better in the newer models. Any chance of posting up a pic of the car from the front with the LED's on?
This is the only quick one... from last week in western PA just starting to drive a very unimproved slushy road.
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AQ5-VWTig
Thanks. I also like the updated dash with OLED display. I recall when I initially looked at the Q5 the dash was a not so flattering orange LED which was a real turnoff for me.

Anyway, here's some pics of the DRL.
Attached Images     
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TybeeJim
I've my Q5 for about 15 months now and it currently has 14.7k miles. I'm a pretty aggressive driver and never get under 23-24 mpg. By aggressive I mean I'm usually first away from the light, up to speed quickly and then the cruise goes on unless traffic is heavy. I just covered a road trip to the frozen north, over eight days at an average of 62.5 mph and 25.5 mpg. The first stint of 745 miles was covered at an average of 70 & 26 mpg, mostly interstate on cruise set at 80. I came to the Q5 from a Porsche Cayman S that I tracked and autox'd for 4 yrs. so, here the answer to the Q5 2.0T performance. It's no sprint car, not sports car wannabe. The handling is more than adequate as is its power. So, maybe an X3 is .5 sec faster to 60. You'll never notice.
Perhaps, most important is the fact that my car hasn't been in the shop one for anything since I bought it. It had the seat heaters adjusted and the sunroof replaced under recall (I has no issue). It is currently being scheduled for its first service (other than the complimentary oil change at 5k). On the whole, of the 37 different cars, trucks, SUVs I've owned, this, my first Audi, has proved to be one of if not the best. (Still miss my Cayman though.)
Thanks for the info on the 2.0. Good to know.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know this will sound stupid, but I did it without thinking. Got in the car, key in pocket, kept pushing the " button" and nothing happened. Said to myself, WTF! Then I realized I pushing the controller button instead of the stop/start button! True story. And this was after I'd owned the car for over a year!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Regarding the swirl mark, it's nice your dealer buff it out for you after you took delivery.

I have the same exact car (2013) but no Navigation. This is my FIRST BLACK car and I just realized how hard it is to not only keep it shiny, but preventing the swirl mark from showing up!

I live in a condo with no place to wash the car on my own, so I had to bring it to a hand car wash (no auto wash). It's a hit and miss, because some hand car wash use "dirty" towel which will give those swirl mark.

I ended having my car waxed every 3-4 weeks to at least protect the clear coat.