Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New(ish) member intro :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I'm still on the fence with the BBK, maybe easier to justify when my rotors & pads wear out (soon)

As for air filters, reading on the B8 A4 forums, may are suggesting that the AFE Pro filters are a better alternative than K&N and the stock. More flow, but still the same style as stock (drop in, no oil)... I will likely go that route next.

I have feelers out for the grille and might try to organize a group buy once I get all the details. Still waiting to hear back though (trying to deal with manufacturer overseas)... let me know if you're interested
Old 09-08-2012, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll def check into the AFE filters (edit: a quick search shows the AFE filters are only available for the 3.0 and 3.2 engine...not even showing a box filter. Let me know if you have a part number that works for the 2.0T) (double edit: I found one
http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=2138

I'm for sure interested in the grille. Shoot me a PM with the specifics if you would. I'm looking for RS-style, gloss black surround, gloss black euro filler plate with PDC, if I can get all my wants into one item

Last edited by ThunderDent; 09-08-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think I am looking at the same exact specs right now Will definitely keep you posted...
Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Love the wheels would they overhang the fender without the body kit? Love the entir look by the way.

Mike
Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks!

The wheels were custom ordered/made to fit the body kit. But I'm sure there is a way to get the same wheels tailored for the Q5 without the body kit (key specs would be wheel width and offset).
Old 09-10-2012, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Frost, I spoke with my APR tech this morning about the intercooler and hfc/3" downpipe.

They convert many, many GTI's with this upgrade and have to put both on to get max gains out of them. He spoke with APR directly and the Q5 runs a large longitudinal intercooler stock and is more than capable of handling the conversion. The upgraded intercooler they offer for 2.0T engines is for the small transverse ones seen on the VW's and some A4's(B7, etc.)

APR doesn't even make the upgrade for downpipe or intercooler for the Q5 as it doesn't require it. You could get downpipe/hfc from somewhere else, but the software may not run it efficiently.

He said our Q's have a massive cooling system more than capable of handling the increased turbo. Also with changing turbo size relative to intercooler there will be much reduction in turbo lag with this setup.

The software can be tweaked for running a upgraded cat-back exhaust or running stock exhaust.

I personally, love the sound/tone I get out of my exhaust, as it sounds German engineered, which I like.

o our Q5's with this upgrade are ready to go, where the VW's need the additional $1700 put into them to acheive the same gains.

We'll see how we do on Thursday/Friday. Looking forward to it.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also the LLTek rep got back with me and said still no news on the Q5 grille. He may see something in the next shipment, but he hasn't heard any more on it, or when a shipment might be.

I'm on board in a heartbeat if your contact comes through with the grille. Group buy or not.

Send me some more details if you can on it.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm trying to line up for a manufacturer to send me one for test fitment and quality inspection. Will let you know if I get anything more...
Old 09-10-2012, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Beautiful. Thanks man.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just heard back again from LLTek. They pretty much won't have anything for the Q5 anytime soon, and if they do it won't be the style we're looking for. So it's down to you

And I would rather do the OEM grille than get the carbon fiber one from OSIR ... they want too much for that grille, IMO. Plus I'm looking for Piano Black if I can get it. Plus they don't offer PDC (they guy told me I'd have to just cut holes and rig it), nor do they offer euro or US plate configs. And to get the correct RS style, it's extra. Their baseline is just metal mesh. They are expensive.

Last edited by ThunderDent; 09-10-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Quick Reply: New(ish) member intro :)