Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Q5 owner playing the waiting game..

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Q5 owner playing the waiting game..

On friday, I went down to the local Audi Dealer and ordered a Audi Q5 S-Line to be delivered July of this year.

Specs:

2.0 TDi (170hp) Quattro 6-speed manual

Exterior:
Brilliant Black paint
S-Line Exterior packet
Audi Black Styling package
20" Titanium package wheels
Xenon Plus LED package
Removal of Model Designation
Black Roof Rails
Privacy glass
Panorama Roof
Heated Mirrors

Interior:
S-Line Sport-packet Interior Black leather, Alcantara center, with Silver Stitching
MMI Navigation Plus
Audi Music Interface
Bluetooth
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Silver Accents

I decided to pick the car up at the factory and spend the day getting the tour of the factory and the Audi Museum. Will have pics when this long wait is over..
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Let me be the first to congratulate you. The Q5 is a beautiful car and Germany is a beautiful country. I'm envious, I really wanted to do the European delivery option but couldn't fit the travel into my schedule. Let us know how the tour goes!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was told a week ago by my sales rep that my Q5 2.OT was now in production with likely delivery early April. I have no guess of how long it takes to build the Q5 once it shows it's in production, especially with the production pressures they're facing. Plus the other things that go along with completing the car for departure--not to mention shipping to the U.S., delivery to dealer, etc. Does anyone have an idea what the timeline is likely to be? Or just the build itself once underway? Thanks...
Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AmazonJohn
Let me be the first to congratulate you. The Q5 is a beautiful car and Germany is a beautiful country. I'm envious, I really wanted to do the European delivery option but couldn't fit the travel into my schedule. Let us know how the tour goes!
Thanks a lot, I'm really excited to pick it up. I only live 2 and half hours away from the factory so it only made sense to pick it up there and see the place it was built. Hopefully in a week or two I'll find out a build week to confirm when exactly I will get it
Old 02-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by springsteen
I was told a week ago by my sales rep that my Q5 2.OT was now in production with likely delivery early April. I have no guess of how long it takes to build the Q5 once it shows it's in production, especially with the production pressures they're facing. Plus the other things that go along with completing the car for departure--not to mention shipping to the U.S., delivery to dealer, etc. Does anyone have an idea what the timeline is likely to be? Or just the build itself once underway? Thanks...
Well, the wife stopped by the dealer today to obtain an update on her Q5 and now was told a May 2nd arrival. She was originally told Feb. 21st after she placed her order on Oct. 15th.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Waiting on the Q5

Originally Posted by CB17
Well, the wife stopped by the dealer today to obtain an update on her Q5 and now was told a May 2nd arrival. She was originally told Feb. 21st after she placed her order on Oct. 15th.
CB17,

Thanks (I think!). Your experience supports my suspicion the wait will be a while longer than I'm told. I'm actually okay with that on one level--I want them to take their time and do it well. But of course as a patriotic red blooded American I want it all, and I want it now.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congratulations! Beautiful option choices! Wish we were so fortunate in Canada to have those options. Please post photographs when you take delivery, I'd love to see those titanium wheels, black rails and special order seats!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrV
Congratulations! Beautiful option choices! Wish we were so fortunate in Canada to have those options. Please post photographs when you take delivery, I'd love to see those titanium wheels, black rails and special order seats!
Thanks, I was trying to go for a more blacked out style with the q5. I will definitely post pics when I go pick it up in Ingolstadt in july.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,

This Q5 will be perfect. I think I will order exactly the same, but I hesitate between black and daytona grey for the color. I've asked for titanium wheels but they told me it was not possible on the Q5. Are they going to paint yours?
Could you post your avatar picture so I can have a better idea of how it looks in full black?

Many thanks

Seb
Old 02-16-2011, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sva113
Hello,

This Q5 will be perfect. I think I will order exactly the same, but I hesitate between black and daytona grey for the color. I've asked for titanium wheels but they told me it was not possible on the Q5. Are they going to paint yours?
Could you post your avatar picture so I can have a better idea of how it looks in full black?

Many thanks

Seb
In my price list the code for the wheels is PQK, its the same wheel as Code PQ6 only painted in a darker gray. I'm not sure if they are only for the German market or not.
This is the best I can do for the picture

Quick Reply: New Q5 owner playing the waiting game..