Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Now the Rattles start?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now the Rattles start?

The rattle started about 500 miles ago, we have 2500 total, & it seems to be coming from the passanger side rear area. I have checked the doors for something in the storage compartment, checked the rear cargo area, even for a loose spare tire, checked the rear seats to make sure they are locked into position.

WHAT NEXT? - Besides a trip to the dealer, that is coming up in 2500 miles.

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 12-03-2011, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default What the ----

90 views & not one response. When I was a Lexus owner I would get help right away. Not too much help here. Maybe no one has this problem??

Anyways just to let everyone know I folded the rear seats down this morning and the noise is gone so it must be something with the seats.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Chief,

I only have my Q a week, so I haven't heard any rattles yet. I do think the rear seat is a known rattle spot and some folks have gotten rid of it with a little electrical tape on some latch point. Do a search for rear seat rattle and I'm sure you will find the thread. I even think someone posted a picture of the spot to tape. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xfirechief

Anyways just to let everyone know I folded the rear seats down this morning and the noise is gone so it must be something with the seats.
This might help. Get into the rear seat and turn around facing the rear. Look at the top of the seat back just to the right of the center head rest. There you should see a button. Push the button in and pull the center seat section forward. Once the center is folded down you will see a metal post protruding from the side of the rear seat back on the driver's side. Wrap this post 2 times with electrical tape and reposition the center seat back. Take your Q out for a spin and hopefully you will have no more squeak. FWIW, the squeak that comes from this area is most prevalent in colder temps. GL.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check to make sure its not just the hanging seat belt buckle.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same type of rattle and it was coming from under the passenger seat. Messed around with the wiring harnesses and it seems to be gone.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

90 views & not one response. When I was a Lexus owner I would get help right away. Not too much help here. Maybe no one has this problem??

You are an absolute trip. You talked down to another member because their oil leak yet here you are crying for a rattle? And who cares if a Lexus forum is more active?? Asinine......
Old 12-05-2011, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

how about searching this forum for RATTLES/SQUEEKS posts ... you will find quite a few that will keep you busy enough than getting upset about starting yet ANOTHER post on rattles ... ones on the pano roof, ones on the back seats, ones on the back seat-belts, ones on the hatch cover, etc.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lalanik
You are an absolute trip. You talked down to another member because their oil leak yet here you are crying for a rattle? And who cares if a Lexus forum is more active?? Asinine......
And I love u too!

Really, I like our Audi but I have issues, isn't that what this Forum is for? I don't like to look at OLD posts anyways.

And I never talked down anyone. I just question them, isn't that why u post? Also, I don't call anyone names!!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like to look at OLD posts anyways.

It's okay of you don't like to look at old posts. Some people don't like to answer old questions that have been discussed and solved in old posts. To each their own...

Quick Reply: Now the Rattles start?